Dev Blog 145: Passport checkpoints and immigration, self check-in, segregating departure and arrival and more!

Why not make 4x2 or 2x2? At many airports where there are two jetway there are double corridors like in the pictures

1 Like

Will the coffee and beer taps and snack and sandwich bars gain function and purpose.

2 Likes

About that 3 or 4 tiles jetway exit:
No matter what the solution is, I always would’ve been annoyed when playing the game as why this solution was chosen… the discussion here helps me to be indifferent. :slight_smile:

How about having it both ways as object variations?

1 Like

I’d want to see (just an idea) upgrade with double floor entrance exit jetway example : image

Around 70,000 to construct,

And other variation as mentioned in devblog exit on same level

EDIT : Just thought about that now we can already build that ourselves anyways, thank you for improving this game and making it even more interesting to play :wink:

4 Likes

To second that, can we get Jetbridges that can function with the actual jetbridge as well as a walkout stand?

2 Likes

Perhaps a more refined design to the jet bridge door can be considered at a later time? Maybe something that is the same width as the current jet bridge but has a small piece that extends into the terminal, say 2 tiles and this is where the split occurs? Have a door on the side that PAX exit from and a door straight on as there is now for boarding.

Probably a bit hard to visualize from just reading the written word.

2 Likes

On top of that maybe make it so that pax spawn in the offshoot so that when they spawn they stand there for a sec in the enclosed space and then walk out

Do you mean something like this:

(Assume the blue X’s are wallpieces)

By using zoning to partition departing and arriving passengers, you can (with a little imagination) create locking ‘boarding doors’ as suggested in previous posts. Whilst the doors can’t lock and aren’t one-way, by placing them straight after the boarding desks like in the picture, you can improvise a little.

Of course you’ll want to imagine the jetway 4x length across for Alpha 35.

5 Likes

Is there any news on elevators? Hoping they’re awaiting development :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I believe they have been ‘postponed’ to the beta phase, so not for any upcoming Alpha build.

Ah shame, was looking forward to them.

Yes, that will work and allow to to split them correctly (without other passengers that aren’t from that flight use that escalator too)

3 Likes

And yes, Elevator is currently on hold, but I’m sure it will make it into the game eventually :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Make sure to thank me later :stuck_out_tongue: So what we have is 4x4 elevator :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Are there any plans to add more content to the airline contract system? Right now it is a little bit of a set and forget. Considering the game is called Airport CEO I would imagine there should be more wheeling and dealing in the contract negotiations which could lead to some interesting decision making with regards to resources like check in desks , stands and runways. Having the ability to assign these to specific airlines as part of getting an improved contract will make it interesting.
Also the contracts could be made more stringent with penalties. Right now there is no penalty on signing a contract and never assigning a flight from that airline to your airport ever again.

un-hold that! Looks great!

Yes I agree with airline contracts. I would love to see a “master” contract signed that states minimum services the airport will provide (e.g. jet bridge gates, business lounges, shops of a certain star rating, etc). The airlines would then compete for time slots and routes.

nice its good to see elevator so how its works? like place shaft in and configure which doors to open on sides

I think it works as escalator you just place it on lower floor level to get to higher one, and maybe have variations like : 2 floor elevator 3,4,5