Dev Blog 138: Internal testing of Alpha 33

shhh, this is a good thing, let them work. :joy:

2 Likes

lol is everyone geting ready for big birds at their airports?
i am. ive got 6500000 in the bank and all the land purchesed

6 Likes

Nice build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

$6,499,140… *. :joy:

1 Like

i could not see the text so i looked back at my airport that had already goten another 100k

1 Like

I got something fairly similar by pixel counting the provided picture but logic gives a slightly different answer:
If we assume that small is 75 grid squares long (like currently) and that the small and medium runways are the same length as previously (600m and 800m), then the medium runway is 100 grid squares long (4/3rds) and a 1200m runway (twice the small length) is 150 grid squares.

Assuming that the image published in devblog 135 has a resolution of 10 pixels per grid square seems reasonable enough (but to my mind slightly wrong). The small and medium runways in the image are slightly narrower than 50 pixels. (meaning that 10px is slightly more than each in game grid square (from that image).

2 Likes

Devs aren’t on for another day

1 Like

New card added on Trello :slight_smile:

3 Likes

what is it?

1 Like

Fixed passenger queue for baggage claim (no longer stack on each other)

3 Likes

Ugh finally, I’ve been expecting this fix since last year :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I feel that when the big birds come out everyone will just explode

1 Like

Also a dev has posted so they have not forgotten about the forum

2 Likes

and they didn’t get to my question :cry: oh well, I know they are busy working hard.

1 Like

Yes they must be working hard on getting Dem big birds out

1 Like

I need It

1 Like

I need it too

1 Like

better turn back on auto save. :joy:

3 Likes

So, measurments for:

• Runways
    - Small [5 x 75] [600m]
    - Medium [5 x 100] [800m]
    - Large [7 x ???] [>800m]

600/75 = Factor of 8, same as 800/100 = Factor of 8. I think it is safe to assume that Large Runways will also have a Factor of 8. Hence, if going by 200m increments, the Large Runways might be [7 x 125] [1000m].

With twocflyer’s pixel counting and getting a wierd reading of [7 x 144], the Large Runway might also be [7 x 150] [1200m], where this is the closest value to [7 x 144] and with a Factor of 8.

Finally, anyone know the measurements for Large Stands? I also want to do some pre-planning.

Edit: Thanks to twocflyer for pointing the Stands mistake. Supposed to be Runways.

Edit 2: Did not see @dneibig post. Logic does make it seem that way.

1 Like

I think you meant runway instead of stand in your message above. but large stands are 16x16 as reported directly from the devs previously