Dev Blog 138: Internal testing of Alpha 33

Also I assume that it can get broken and can be repared?

Will be be seeing more purchasable land available in alpha 33 or shortly after? You guys are adding some amazing stuff that is larger and will need more space on the map, so will you be increasing the amount of land we can get or are we going to be confined to more space due to the larger stands, runways, taxiways and parking lots? Thanks.

They discussed the recently in the last dev blog post here on the forum I think. They are going to wait on land increase until a later date. check out the 137 dev blog topic, I think its there

2 Likes

it was something about the biger it gets the lagier

SUPER PUMPED! the parking was teased earlier but now we see it in all it’s glory. keep up the good work!:grin:

2 Likes

here is what they said about larger boundaries

3 Likes

That makes a lot of sense, thank you for pointing it out

This is why I’m not playing available versions and waiting for Alpha 33 :stuck_out_tongue:

Since service vehicle parking lots can be placed underground… maybe?

Hey, That’s Cardiff Wales - CWL - My local airport! The Big BAMC hanger is a give-away.

1 Like

Something I noticed from the blog:

Blockquote Fixed an issue where BAe 146 jetway goes to the incorrect door on large stand

BAe 146s are already in the game and use medium stands. Does that mean that medium aircraft can use large stands?

Yes! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Excellent! Thanks Olof.

1 Like

just re-reading DevBlog 135: ACEO’s future and after reading this again…

"...but we believe that we’ve come up with something that’ll work really well in guiding the player as to what they should do and in what order (in co-existence with the tutorial for new players), while still allowing for experienced airport CEOs to strategize and create new airports in their own way..."

I want to thank you, the devs, for keeping the game strategize free and not restricting us to a one way tutorial play! I tend to loath games that restrict your creativity and cap you to a certain way of playing. The elaborate customization and the endless design freedom you have in ACEO is what keeps me coming back more and more!

Just wanted to share this as I re-read the the DevBlogs and become more and more excited for the up and coming final 4 Alpha releases! Thank you Devs!

4 Likes

No, thank you! The changes coming in Alpha 34 is probably one of the most exiting ones we will deploy, at least for me and you’ll probably understand why as we move closer. We however, as you said, don’t want people to become locked in by that system so that there’ll always be a defined path every CEO takes but instead allow for a lot of freedom in choosing your airport’s direction, similar to how they do it in for example Stellaris and other 4X games.

And still if you want to go crazy from the start you’ll always have sandbox mode! :wink:

6 Likes

Sorry, but what aircraft do we know are coming?

Um A340 A330 and 787

Airbus A350-900, Boeing 787-8, A340-300, A330-200, Some cute GA plane :wink:

Ooooo A350

where di miss these announcements?