Dev Blog 137: Airport CEO celebrates two years in Early Access and putting the final touches on Alpha 33

In the picture with the taxis and buses there is a problem with the median strips at streets. Normally, these should only be in the middle, but as soon as a taxi stand (etc.) is connected to the road, the stripes also appear in the other direction.

Is this WAD or bug? This problem has always existed :slight_smile:

Good job and thanks for the dev blog! :wink:

2 Likes

So it’s confirmed, cargo is coming as DLC after full stable release.

2 Likes

Definitely not what I took away with this.

1 Like

Definitely not confirmed, lol… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve missed an earlier announcement about this but:
With the bigger runways, stands etc. is there also gonna be a map enlargement? More space to build in.

2 Likes

There is one thing preventing us from doing that right now. Loading times. Some things in the game take very long time to load and we sort of know where the issue is. It is not a quick fix but would require quite a lot of backend work to save data in a different way. If we were to expand the map right now, people would build much larger airports and then we would get a lot of complains about load times. So the plan is to first optimize the load process then look at expanding the map size. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

so the second plane was it a 787?

1 Like

also loving the new bagadge truck movement and ULD

2 Likes

Sounds very reasonable. Take up the good work. :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

ya looks resonable

1 Like

Will it be possible with the one way roads to create roads in opposite direction? Don’t know really how to say it correctly, but is it possible to create lefthand drive routes that way?

1 Like

Wew that’s a relief then, I still want to see it before 1.0 though

1 Like

So, can I guess that the map enlargement can come with gameplay update?

1 Like

i think i saw it was 16x16

1 Like

Will the Astar Queue issue be fixed in the upcoming alpha 33 ?
To be honest, this issue is quite annoying and destroys the pleasure to play ACEO since the only way i found to fix this issue is to start a new map.
This is an example in my latest map, the Astar Queue is getting bigger and bigger every seconds and never drops, even after a game reload.

With this bug, i just end up having a tremendous amount of passenger or staff members stuck in my airport, as it can be seen here bellow :

It even cause this issue : facilities are shut down for a lack of staff, however, before the issue happened i had enough staff for my airport.

Normally, my airport should only have around 5 to 6k passengers with a 15 minutes split time between planes and with 24 medium stands.
Since my map is quite big, I’m also unable to report this bug.

Edit : I have to say that seing passengers to start to move again after a reload is quite satisfying

1 Like

Ive had that issue before where passengers get stuck at bus stations like 2000 or more at each when I don’t pay attention,. then I reload and then there is a massive exodus like you just had! its quite entertaining to watch the massive exodus! lol

I have also found the larger the airport map, the more you need to stay at speed 1 and stay away from speed 2 and 3. speed 2 and 3 creates so many issues at larger airports!!

1 Like

Can the bags in the system and arrival belt be stopped from being moving around on top of each other?

1 Like

In Transport Fever they have a similar issue with loading time becoming excessively long so they have added a sort of ‘experimental’ mode. It’s toggled by changing a piece of text somewhere deep in the folders in a config file and although it allows for much larger maps, I’m currently having loading times of around 5 minutes so it far from ideal.

If AirportCEO would have a similar thing, it could allow players who don’t mind the wait, to have a much larger map. At the same time, having it being enabled manually in a config file (as opposed to it being a setting in-game) means that the player is aware that once he or she enables it, long loading times and possible crashes is to be expected and is his or her own responsibility.

5 Likes

Not sure at all what you mean? If you want to have opposite directions next to each other you can just build a normal road. If you build two lanes adjacent to each other with the same direction vehicles will swap freely between them depending on where they’re going.

This is not something we’re looking at for Alpha 33, no, but for a later stage deployment.

The first steps is simply to try out our new way of loading tillable structures. Regardless of how people play, everyone will have access to this improvement.

Something we might consider for Alpha 34 or 35.

3 Likes

Will it be possible with the one way roads to create roads in opposite direction? Don’t know really how to say it correctly, but is it possible to create lefthand drive routes that way?

Not sure at all what you mean? If you want to have opposite directions next to each other you can just build a normal road. If you build two lanes adjacent to each other with the same direction vehicles will swap freely between them depending on where they’re going.

I think what @Luctor means is to create left hand side roads that way, as in the UK for example.

1 Like