Dev Blog 135: The future of Airport CEO

The Trello board says aircraft reparation as a new service. I believe this would be maintenance? Is that still planned ?

Wow, what an amazing look in the future, can*t wait :wink:

Apologies if I’ve missed this, but was wondering if there is a plan to allow us to assign check in desks to stands? And assign airlines to stands. Would allow for aesthetic things like making ite s colours of airline.
Exciting times ahead - the plans look excellent!

6 Likes

You can assign desks to stands via the baggage system.

1 Like

Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone! :smiley: Such a blast to come in to work and read all of these encouraging comments.

@rsdworker elevators are pushed to Alpha 35.

The new large stands are 16x16… YUGE.

7 Likes

The new large stands are 16x16… YUGE.

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

That woud indeed be a very nice feature, not read it either but could be part of beta, but hopefully sooner :relaxed:

1 Like

Uh… Only thing i really didnt like is that runways will no longer be manually extended. I mean, i know this game is in a kind of reduced scale, but i always make longer runways with more taxiway exits because it looks more realistic that way…

And even though i did read the blog, i didnt fully understand why this feature is being removed…

1 Like

Please don’t delete expanding runway feature, It’s kinda a big point of game, better add also that we can expand width, and meet large runway standards… Please, It’s very realistic and important feature.:cold_sweat::slightly_smiling_face:
@Olof @Fredrik @Alexander

3 Likes

True. For gameplay’s sake, prefabbed small, mid and large runways are a boon. For people doing ‘nice’ airports, there should still be the option to modify runway length to imitate real airports in a game.

2 Likes

Yeah, and plus is that, if you have spare space left you can extend runway there without restrictions, also if you don’t have enough space, already extended runway will be harder to place…

2 Likes

Can’t they be set at 15X15 or 17X17? It would be nice to see symmetrical stands, like the small one. :smiley:

2 Likes

Amen to that.

Although I never really understood why the medium stand was made asymmetrical, the devs probably had and have a reason for doing it this way. And since work is already in progress for the large stands, let’s not bother them to start over again. I would like to see all kinds of stands being symmetrical too, but it’s really not that much of a big deal.
But devs, just in case: If you are somewhat considering reworking stands, for example without a service road, which I remember was requested a lot, my vote definitely goes to 9x9 for medium and 15x15 for large (without service road).

Oh, and a firm +1 from my side for possible runway extensions since I’ve been requesting a more realistic scale ever since.

1 Like

Of course, I understand. I was just asking if they would consider it? That’s all. :laughing:

1 Like

If you won’t keep extending runway thing we’re gonna protest… :laughing::ok_hand:t3:

Actually I would like if we could build “runway foundation” just as free area like streets or taxiways, and then draw a “runway zone” similar to drawing rooms: They hava a minimum size equal to the small runway, additionally probably a maximum size would be good as well (for example maximum width 90 or 120 meters, maximum length 4km - if the map size ever allows that).
On first sight it looks like a pretty simple and flexible system. Of course programming this might be less simple… :wink:
Good thing would be that you could easily extend or shrink runways. Shrink: Close the runway, remove the runway zone, remove the runway surface you don’t need anymore and draw a new runway zone. Extend: Build new runway surface, close runway, extend runway zone, reopen runway (or, of it’s room-like, instead of extending runway zone just remove and repaint the zone).

Any runway foundation which isn’t used for runway zone might either be unusable (probably easier to implement) or be used as runway entry / exit and taxiway (might make things more complicated).

1 Like

Guys I know you are not happy with remove of runway extension but I think we should go and give a try to new system and then give opinions. :wink:

I don’t think, if we give it a try it would be disaster for developers to remove it then

I see 2 things on the runway images: the directional arrows which is what currently decides about the direction of planes arriving and departing, but also markings of take off positions placed on both ends of the runway. Does this mean upwind landings and departures are coming back to the game by the way, too?