Dev Blog 135: The future of Airport CEO

Yeah sad here too see non-extendable runways. I always extend mine even if it’s not needed.

When the game originally launched it did have wind directional landings and take-offs. It caused quite a few issues which is why it got disabled originally.

1 Like

Thanks for this nice dev log!

I think that an urgent feature is missing … the passport control. Currently it is not possible to create extra terminals for domestic and international flights. With a passport control you could realize such a feature. I think that’s one of the main features of an airport.

Regards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Customs and passport control is planned for Alpha 35!

Thanks for all the feedback peeps!

9 Likes

About the car drop offs. Should it contain a car symbol on the new texture or something like that?

Basically i realized that my question is, can medium aircraft utilize all the big boys toys? Like the big gate, big push-back truck and big de-icing pad? :slight_smile:

2 questions.

Currently I extend my runways to make them usable by medium aircraft, will there be some kind of a button to upgrade a small runway to a medium etc or will i have to knock the old one down and then build a new one from scratch?

When the large aircraft and large stands become available, the amount of space needed for stands/taxiways etc will go up, will we get more space to build our airports or will it remain the same (unless you edit the json file)?

I will request 1 simple thing for this case, 1 simple personal request from developers; Add country support for modded airlines. For example Airline A has “country: Egypt” codeline in its json file. So this airline will only fly to your airport from Egypt.
This will be the latest piece of reaching to the ultimate realistic airlines modding of AirportCEO.

Maybe there could be a second codeline for Hub-Airlines e.g. “airports: LHR, LGW”

That would be outstanding. The key to the hearts of all modders. :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe there could be a second codeline for Hub-Airlines e.g. “airports: LHR, LGW”

That would be outstanding. The key to the hearts of all modders. :smiley:

That would be awesome, also would be useful for large countries like USA’s 3 major airlines or EU’s LCC airlines but finding all airports’ code and write them down… Ohhh… I just got an idea :smiling_imp:

If we wish, it is possible :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for all feedback! I read through all posts so far and I’m gonna try to answer some common questions.

• World size will remain until we have solved the current long loading time issue.
  • Runways will have a R/L/C numbering in final game.
  • Runways will be bidirectional in final game.
  • Runways will not be upgradeable. New runway is required. Old saves will spawn a medium runway if it has already been extended.
  • Crossing runways are planned (at least visually)
  • Cargo is currently on hold.
  • We will try to make an option so that medium aircraft can utilize large stand etc.
  • Let’s get back to country specific airlines once we start adding the realistic routes in the gameplay update.

I think that was most of them so far. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

This looks really exciting - especially the longer term plan. I love the game - being a user in the alpha developments has been a new but amazing experience for me. I love how the developers have used the forum to develop ideas and engage with players, bringing together ideas and implementing great ideas. I always look forward to the dev blog to see what is coming next and how the devs are responding to our feedback.

Absolutely superb and a real exemplar of good engagement with your user base. Keep up the good work @Olof @Fredrik and team

6 Likes

well one question for devs - i know escalators and stairs are great BUT elevator hasnt arrived - its was on trello till trello wiped it off
so elevators will be coming?

1 Like

Holy malony guys!! That must have been a very nice and exciting whiteboard session to get all the new release features on the board! :smiley_cat:

Love the new ideas and looking forward to start testing and playing with it! :heart_eyes_cat: Very exciting times coming up, also an ambitious planning but you guys can do it! :+1: :muscle:

2 Likes

After playing with ACEO for around a year now these series of updates (in my opinion), are one of the largest breakthroughs that have happened in the game!!

I am so EXCITED for these plans to become reality. The plan for these 4 updates are incredible. I wish @Olof and @Fredrik the best of luck and completion on schedule to next year!

1 Like

@Olof @Fredrik I just want to say I’m so proud of you guys and everything you’ve been able to accomplish so far! Not only have you been able to create such a fun and exciting game, but you’ve also honestly done something I haven’t seen many games if at all any early access games do, you managed to somehow build a fantastic, active, and engaging community and bring them all along for the ride (no stragglers here). I know the journey is not over yet, but I’m very excited to get to experience and join the ride for the rest of the journey and be part of what is to come. Thanks so much for letting my aviation creativity run wild and soar like never before. Cheers for the exciting flight ahead! :smile: :airplane:

3 Likes

Bold and ambitious

That’s how I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will roads support multiple floors later?

1 Like

I would love to know the dimensions of the large stands to prepare my airport ahead. Is that something you can tell us?

I’m guessing 15X15 tiles?? :thinking:

Trello still there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d guess it’s something you get when you add seven hundred, eighty, and seven?