BACK ON THE WORKSHOP: Manchester Alan Turing Airport - Large, Modern 52 Stand Satellite Airport

The more you know. Also, I am not sponsored by him. Just FYI.

@Blackout hahaha worlds biggest airport, love it! It’s a shame that the original Alan Turing Airport is plagued by vehicle pathfinding issues, but hopefully SeniacTWO creates a video review of my Alpha 35 version! Fingers crossed. Love it!

@utsav8 It depends on how you run this airport design, but I once made it to 12,000 passengers (mainly due to the vehicle spawn glitch for large airports, resulting in passenger buildup on the bus/taxi/car stops). My Mac was hotter than the sun at this point.

2 Likes

The international duty-free shopping area is complete! If more shop contracts are added in Alpha 35, then this area will again be reconfigured. The Pick & Fly duty-free walkthrough area has been extended and now spans 960m2, with 98 shelves.

Belanger Jewellers and Bottle retain their position after e-immigration, Pick & Fly and Power have been extended, and As To Go and Travellers Shop have been added along the mall.

At B gates, The Bean are ready to open their to-go cafe, and Paper News has been fitted out.

At C gates, Cuppa are ready to open their to-go cafe, serving the airports bulk of long-haul passengers.

Shoutout to SeniacTWO for recording his experience with the original Alan Turing Airport on YouTube!

2 Likes

Quick Stop and Hilltop Cafe have opened in the western end of the arrivals hall, by domestic arrivals.

Krane’s Burgers and Turner have opened in the eastern end, close to the railway station.

2 Likes

Looking amazing! I wonder if they are going to release Alpha 35 on Easter. :thinking:

EDIT: Nevermind

:thinking:

Are you all ready for Alpha 35 by the end of this week!

@Blackout I’ve actually built the entire airport from scratch! I wasn’t satisfied with some aspects of the design, so whilst it’s a new file, it’s the same overall layout and design language, just with some greater uniformity and space efficiency, a new Satellite C, more restaurant units, more toilets, a 1,000+ m2 duty-free, more immigration e-gates, 1,260 parking spaces with a larger long-term car park on level -2, new entry vestibules, more self check-in kiosks and bag drops, a simplified baggage system and far more offices for employees, with cafeteria, more employee toilets and better service road routings.

Phew. All ready for 35!

Oh and a more realistic design for baggage reclaim.

Some photos of my favourite elements of the airport.

2 Likes

I love your attention to details and color schemes for rooms etc. I can’t wait to subscribe to check out everything!!!

1 Like

@twocflyer Cheers! A lot of digital colour meter and rgb to hex conversion!

YES YES, I feel ya. I do a lot of that too for my aircraft modding and airports as well. Where do you get your color schemes from?

@twocflyer So the core colour is dark blue, as this corresponds with the airport logo, and is used on things like the seating and desks. Staff and laptop desks use a colour match for white birch wood. In terms of restaurants and shops, i take colours used from their logo’s, convert the RGB to hex, with the digital colour meter on Mac.

The flooring mimics terrazzo tiling, with black marble for premium zones such as entrances to business lounges and shopping, and white marble beneath the sinks to add some differentiation to the bathrooms. The dark brown wood flooring indicates points of attention or process e.g. immigration, security, baggage reclaim, up/down a floor etc.

1 Like

Looks great mate, your airport gives me alot of inspiration. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Mate, that may just be the best airport ever! Mind if I take some ideas mate? (For Melbourne Apoapsis International)

1 Like

@Schwayne @Blackout cheers! Yeah sure I’d love to see elements of this airport in your own ones!

I will make sure to give you credit though!

Haha don’t worry, it’s not intellectual property or anything :wink:

You sure? It is a billion dollar airport that is copyrighted or else passengers get angry! (Or CEO)

1 Like

when you get it up and running in A35 @awtkn, I would love to add some good quality screen shots to my thread I made a while back to contribute to a one stop shop for ideas for others !!!

Let me know what you think!

1 Like