BACK ON THE WORKSHOP: Manchester Alan Turing Airport - Large, Modern 52 Stand Satellite Airport

Mate, that may just be the best airport ever! Mind if I take some ideas mate? (For Melbourne Apoapsis International)

1 Like

@Schwayne @Blackout cheers! Yeah sure I’d love to see elements of this airport in your own ones!

I will make sure to give you credit though!

Haha don’t worry, it’s not intellectual property or anything :wink:

You sure? It is a billion dollar airport that is copyrighted or else passengers get angry! (Or CEO)

1 Like

when you get it up and running in A35 @awtkn, I would love to add some good quality screen shots to my thread I made a while back to contribute to a one stop shop for ideas for others !!!

Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Yeah that’s cool! I’ll check out the page now and see if i can add anything to this airport before 35 drops.

1 Like

I could imagine this airport in a Devblog! @Olof? @Fredrik? @Alexander?

Haha I’ll let them do their thing, bring on 35!

1 Like

I am impressed of the attention to detail such as the sofa is the same colour as the floor making it rainbow. well done!

1 Like

A35 Is go on EXP

1 Like

@Rubble FInally!

1 Like

Right now!

EDIT: I AM SO EXCITED. FINALLY RELEASED!

After an entire day of Alpha 35-sing my airport, whittling 312 security zones down to 1, connecting 116 bag-drops, installing 69 elevator shafts, 20 travelators, 240 self check-in kiosks, 230+ biometric boarding gates, tonnes of international zoning, an unweildly amount of cafe fridges and 1,260 parking spaces - Alan Turing Airport is complete! Now to see if everything operates smoothly…

4 Likes

good luck!

1 Like

Testing! Fortunately the airport pathfinding works seamlessly, and makes for some busy passenger scenes, providing your computer can handle it!

Passengers walking through duty-free, and onwards to the luxury mall.

Check-in and security looking busy yet spacious.

Big birds at C gates.

The departures filter, with travelators, taking passengers to the satellite gates speedily.

UK border force at work, screening international passengers before entering baggage reclaim.

1 Like

Darn, sweet. How many PAX?

EDIT: also when you try and scroll a screen shot and fail :joy:

I reached 6,000 by 11:00 with the flight planner switched on, but I could probably fry an egg on the underside of my macbook by then.

2 Likes

turn it upside down and make a pot of tea :slight_smile:

when will you upload to steam? @awtkn

1 Like

@twocflyer You can drink it whilst it loads!

I’ll upload it to Steam tomorrow, genuinely been finishing it off the entire day! Spent £91,000,000, with an airport worth of £40,000,000+, taking 5 game years.

1 Like