Alpha 31 - Delays

I’ll try these changes out and let you know the outcomes within the next 24 hours. :smiley:

1 Like

Changes have been made and there is considerable improvement. All departing passengers do board and nearly 85% percent of the flights leave on/before schedule. The rest of the flights do get delayed, but not more than 15 minutes. This is at 54% running capacity.

Changes are being continuously made till maximum capacity is achieved. :smiley:

1 Like

USEFUL TIP: DO NOT place seating arrangements in shops. Especially the costlier ones. Passengers prefer to sit on a sofa in the food court rather than the gate seating. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Well, it’s always nicer to sit in a sofa with a drink than on a hard plastic gate seating :relaxed::wink:

2 Likes

But it isn’t nice for a CEO to know that his planes are either leaving half-full or empty :laughing:

1 Like

The things I’ve done to avoid delays:

1. Built more staff rooms in secure zones of the terminal for airport staff, ramp agents and security personnel.

2. Built franchise outlets and food courts near the farthest gates in the terminal.

3. Removed all gate seating and replaced them with more “comfortable” sofas.

4. Added a second boarding desk to each gate in order to process more passengers.

5. Hired more staff (new staff numbers are at 150% of required levels).

6. Assigned fuel trucks, push-back trucks and belt loaders to each stand in order to reduce travel distances.

7. Currently in possession of 24 service trucks cater to 8 medium stands.

While these measures have proven to be useful at first, delays happen again. Sometimes upto 70~80 minutes in some cases. Passengers get left behind as boarding closes.

I suggest you review your security checkpoints capacity. On my builds, i ensure enough capacity to have all pax for a flight passed security before the flight lands. On you monitor i see them still passing security while boarding has started.

As of now I have 8 or 9 medium sized checkpoints. Only 2 of those are for both passengers and staff. The rest are exclusively for passengers. Do you think I should build a few more checkpoints?

Please do tell me if you have any other suggestions. :slight_smile:

As a general rule of thumb I allow around 1.5 security stations per stand and I’ve found I’ve not really needed more than one small for staff. I don’t do mixed once I’ve started to get a decent cash income and build size.

Have you checked their efficacy? 2.0% is I think the best.

3 Likes

As rubble mentioned, increasing their efficiency is often a good choice. Try getting staff with the best skills, and see if they have a staff room closeby if they need to walk from too far. Keeping staff and pax seperated as sometiles staff need to go to from checking to a boarding quickly. Also see to it pax can get in line. If they’re stacking up outside a que, the ones waiting longest arent guaranteed first places in the que.

Hey @Rubble 200% of what? I didn’t quite understand the last part.

And @dewitjur, I do have staff rooms close to gates and check-ins. Though I think may have to revisit the “separaating pax and staff” part.

Will keep this thread updated as much as possible. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Keep us up to date, have to work now, will leave some comments later :wink:

3 Likes

If you click on a security desk it will give you an efficiency rating of the staff manning the desk.

Ohh that. around 6 in 10 checkpoints have ratings below 1, with some as low as 0.6. I am rehiring staff to improve the efficiency.

2 Likes

@Rubble @jasperwillem Soooooooo, I found out another reason as to why planes don’t leave with all passengers.
I got a notification telling me that a passenger couldn’t board and that I had to clear a pathway for her. When I investigated this incident, I found my passenger stuck in a cell that was already occupied by an information screen. There is also a sofa right in front of the screen. Only the Lord knows how she got herself there.

And after a few minutes, (in gameplay) she teleported herself all the way outside in the parking lot. And by the time she completed security for a second time, boarding had already finished.

Although objects like conveyor belts and information screens do occupy space, passengers and staff do not recognise them and walk straight through them or on top of them :laughing:

Have a look at this too if you’re free :slight_smile:

How is this masured? Is there one of the 4 character traits that would add to the efficiency more than another? E.g. in my view, technical skills should be more relevant for determining efficiency than the sympathy trait.

Also, salary seems to be a direct proportion of such traits. Is it defined simply by the average of skills or is there another component? I.e., is a 15usd/h security agent always more efficient than a 14 usd/h one?

As of now the efficiency only applies to Security Agents and it’s a combination of two of their skill abilities.

I cannot remember which skills they are for now, cogs & stress.

As for renumeration, I don’t actually know if that has any affect or even how it’s calculated. The HR Boss knocks them down a peg though.

Seems rubble brought your security already up to date :slight_smile:.

And also smaller, more wing specific staff rooms help to mitigate long distance walks. And a small staff checkpoint is normally enough for me too, only in the early morning you sometimes have a small queue.

This is buggering me every time I reopen my airport after expansion. Around 10-15 passengers teleport themselves back to the parking lots after they can’t find their way.
Can someone please help?

Normally a double reload fixes this, the second time they should teleport to a busstop.