Passengers on Baggage Carousel

Hey guys!

Can someone please tell me why passengers/staff stand on baggage conveyor belts? Hasn’t this been observed before?

Also,can’t the staff be allowed to spawn in the centre of each desk after completing their job??

Best option is to mark that as staff zone, then PAX will not walk on conveyor belts, etc.

Also,can’t the staff be allowed to spawn in the centre of each desk after completing their job??

What do you mean by that? The persons standing behind are waiting to take over the shift. Personally I always keep at least 1 tile between the check-in desk and the baggage belt running behind it, but that doesn’t prevent personnel from standing on the connection piece :relaxed:

1 Like

This problem existed also in older versions.
It seems to be, that a piece of belt is not defined for people’s pathfindung as a construction tile like a wall.
Also I think, the space between the two carrels of a check-in desk should not be allowed to PAX for walking through.

@ilios21, sidebar: you really don’t need that many security exits. One wil do fine. I have one for over 30 stands.

I don’t think so. I did see them leave a short while later. And the desk too didn’t have any scheduled flights. :thinking:

Yes, what you said is a quick fix. But conveyor belts aren’t actually staff area.

Each check-in desk is 5 cells wide. 2 cells are occupied by the connecting belts. 2 are occupied by the desks themselves. But the central cell is free. And if you look closely at the desk, staff walk out through the middle after their jobs. And before they walk out, they stand behind the desk (in my case - the conveyor belt) for a brief period of time.

Indeed these are minute details, but I do think that these need to be addressed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh yes. I know. I just did it for the aesthetics :laughing:

It’s my personal opinion that they are nesting.
They do it all the time, and to my great surprise they don’t move with the belt! Their nests must be hovering or attached to the ceiling!

I like @Puma’s idea of zoning, maybe a no-go-area… I will try to experiment with secure zone in non-secure-area and vice versa, even though this is just a hack workaround.

It’s a bug.

Bug Reported
ACEO - 14935

It’s not really a bug, it’s more like to turn a blind eye on it. While it’s clear that a baggage carousel is on the floor, so it shouldn’t be walked on, a conveyor belt itself could be elevated to allow people (staff) walk beneath. Especially the area with all the scanners and the baggage bay could cause barriers for people walking around.

I remember, once there were conveyor belts built with automatically placed staff zones beneath, to prevent people walking on the belts. But this was removed soon, as there were some problems with this behaviour.

Simply place staff zones yourself. And in fact, people could stand on baggage carousels too. They just don’t do it, because they know, they aren’t allowed to do (and I wouldn’t wonder, if there are some guys doing this anyway, because they think that’s funny?)

So tell your PAX they aren’t allowed to do that, by marking them as staff or even secure zone (to brevent staff from standing there too)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.