Airport Specific Airline Mod

Hi all,

I have designed an airport (PEN - Penang International Airport) based on the actual airport, and would now like to imitate the actual flights to/from PEN. Now I am aware that the routes can’t be allocated, but would at least like the correct airlines and equipment operating to/from PEN.

Now I know that all the airlines have already been added as a MOD to ACEO (have got them via the Steam Workshop), but I want to take these, and create a MOD specific to PEN. For instance, the Qatar Airways mod created by @fungtommy05 is perfect, however, they do not operate A319s out of PEN, just a 787. This exists in that mod, so all I want is the 787, not the rest of the fleet.

However, I have been unable to find the relevant content in the local Workshop content folder, other airlines, but not Qatar or any of the airlines I am looking for. I have been through ALL the folders there, not even all the Steam Workshop mods that are in-game, are there.

Neither will I upload the mod, if the respective airline mod creators won’t give permission, and if they did, would obviously credit them accordingly. If I just end up using it for myself, that is also fine.

Any advice/assistance on achieving the above will be greatly appreciated, and credited accordingly if anything is uploaded.

Hi

A savegame dependend modding menu would be amazing.

But to solve your issue now: What I do is, I create a personal mod-pack for each Airport (or country I play an airport)

I download the mods from the workshop and create a personal mod just for me, containing all those contracts I want. Then I go into these contracts and adjust the fleet. Means I remove small birds from airlines which can’t reach my airport with those planes.

As long as you do this only on your computer and you do not re-publish that to the workshop, mod makers have no issue with that as it is just for your personal use.

Do you need to know how you create your own modpack?

Is it hard changing the fleet? I’m gonna need a tutorial. I’m guessing you copy the airlines into a new folder. Change the fleet and then put that new folder in your airport folder.

I have studied the tutorial here on how to create a native mod, and have the framework in place. I have also downloaded the AirAsia mod from the Workshop that has the livery and aircraft I am looking for. However, I cannot find the folder that the livery for the Workshop mod is in.

I have checked Steam’s ‘content’ folder, and can find some mods there, but not the one I am looking for. Actually, there are a number of mods that are showing in-game, but not in the Content folders. Where else should I look for this folder?

I would suggest reading the guide at this link: Native Airline Modding (MOD) - Beginners Guide - create your own airline(s)! - #5 by twocflyer

It gives you an insight into modding ACEO, whether you want to create an airline from scratch, or do the sort of personal mod I am looking to do.

Woo, got Qatar Airways sending a 788 to/from PEN, as well as Malaysia sending a 738. Not sure exactly what equipment MH use to/from PEN, best I could find in my research is that their PEN flights are actually operated by FireFly.

Just need to find the other mods, and can do the rest. Thanks to the QR and MH mod makers for the artwork.

1 Like

Glad to report that I have found the other mods. Steam is using folders on two different drives (C: and D:), some of the mods have been installed on the D: drive, the rest on C:, for some obscure reason. Whatever, at least I can build the rest of my private mod now.

1 Like

Glad the Native Mod guide has help another one. Its old and most images are uncorrected for the Mod folder and airline folder but there is an update explaining that. Hope it wasn’t too confusing.

@twocflyer, thanks for the guide. It was indeed a great help, regardless of any differences, I understood enough to build a mod, either from scratch or a customized compilation like I am doing here.

1 Like

Took a look into the tutorial, it’s well written, but is there anywhere a downloaded airline can be altered. Just for example, i would like to edit Air China, and make a version where i only have the big aircraft.

The subscribed airlines are in your Steam Games directory.

SteamApps → workshop → content → [game number] → [mod number]
The subfolders below “Companies” can then be copied to your native private modpack and then you can adjust the .json file to remove aircrafts you don’t need. You can do that with any airline you want.

1 Like

man its not related but your airport looks awful please pop some decoration in there

Thank you :slight_smile:

So that wasn’t so hard. Made a new folder, inside the mods folder.
Took the OG mod airline. Took out the airplanes i didn’t want, and edited the JSON to update the fleet. Started the game, and they all show up under Native mods. So i made them all active. But they don’t get offerd in my save? What am i missing?

Also, instead of moving files, what happens if i just edit the file in the SteamApps → workshop → content → [game number] → [mod number], take away the airplanes directly in there and edit the JSON?

lets see your folder set up and the Json for the airline (the one next to the logos and aircraft folders)

Also editing in the steam folders ive never done before. So not sure how that will work when the mod is updated or when you leave and load team again. Never tried it so I can’t say. I prefer to have natives myself, I only subscribe to copy and then I unsubscribe myself.

@Megahenrik

@twocflyer

1. Is mods folder. 2 is inside the Air China.

I see your problem
It needs to go:

Mod >
then > Air China
then > Company with ModData.json, & Icon.png
then > Airlines
then > Air China
then > Aircraft folders & AirChina.json, AirChina.png, AirChina_Inv.png)

Right i see it, went back to see how the OG was structured. :slight_smile:

Also make sure there Is no comma after the last aircraft in fleet. thats a common mistake too