Airport CEO Beta 8 released

I suspected collision avoidance would be too demanding. I don’t mind occasional clipping, but I think the current paths are somewhat placeholder like, which causes too many collisions. I’m glad Fredrik is going to tweak them, as I think that will be enough.

1 Like

Will you also take a look at positioning for catering and garbage truck? I often see the catering truck being off position when connection to aircraft.

Make sure to check door positions with default airlines before you send bug reports. In mods we play a little bit with doors. :smiley:

/Edit: Also For Fokker and B767 where trucks park at windows: Those planes don’t have enough doors to allow garbage and catering processing at the same time.

2 Likes

Ahh right. Did not think about that :slight_smile: Thanks.

1 Like

Uh, I thought 1.0 is out in four days…

1 Like

Oh, you’re right. Time flies.

1 Like

Any chance we could get the construction menu UI to close automatically when the side menu is open; or adjust the size of the side menu window so they don’t overlap? I know it isn’t a major bug, but it is kinda annoying that the windows overlap if you have them both open. The side panel seems to close automatically when open the construction menu, so I’m not really sure why the opposite isn’t true.

As with any major release, beta 8 too has generated a few bug reports that we’ll be responding two over the days leading up to the 1.0 launch on Thursday. However, these changes are changes that we deem small enough to not seriously impose any issues to the rest of the code base and thus we can more quickly put them on the default branch. Beta 8.1-3 is now out on the experimental branch and will be put on default early tomorrow.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 8.1-3

Bug

• [ACEO-41908] - Demolishing unbuilt foundations causes noticeable lag when using CTRL method
  • [ACEO-41944] - Upgraded structures do not get correct operation cost
  • [ACEO-41978] - Removing a transit structure while system is verifying connectivity to world entrance tunnels can cause null reference exception to be thrown and update process to stall
  • [ACEO-41980] - Missing job task assignment clamp can cause vehicle deserialization to stall
  • [ACEO-42005] - Certain key shortcuts not correctly labeled in tutorial
  • [ACEO-42014] - Rare positioning error can cause certain objects not to be built on world edge
  • [ACEO-42016] - String formatting exception in e-mail
  • [ACEO-42021] - Aircraft can in rare instances get stuck on stand immediately after load
  • [ACEO-42028] - Airbus A380 aircraft max fuel level slightly reduced to enable better turnaround accuracy
  • [ACEO-42037] - Structure lights can in rare instances become visible from underground when activated
  • [ACEO-42046] - Medium aircraft do not always select most suitable runway ramp
  • [ACEO-42050] - Specific placement of baggage bays can in rare instances cause baggage to swap bay
  • [ACEO-42053] - Objects can be removed outside of owned land plots generating income
  • [ACEO-42058] - Aircraft can in certain instances cross intersection while another aircraft is already crossing

Improvement

• [ACEO-42026] - Large weather station now sufficient for displaying regular weather data

Attention! We’re tracking an extremely rare bug with ATC related objects, when building, not always connecting properly. Has anyone hare experienced it on the latest beta 8?

Edit: Out on default now! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Tonight’s update, beta 8.1-4, rolling out now. This update should include a fix for the ATC connections not updating bug. To be put on default within the near future! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 8.1-4

Bug

• [ACEO-42011] - Opened flight planner does not refresh offered flights
  • [ACEO-42043] - Boarding card is not always hidden for visiting persons
  • [ACEO-42067] - Toggle overlay buttons invert functionality if object is already selected
  • [ACEO-42070] - Quick firing employee can cause duplicate person removal and objects to render strangely
  • [ACEO-42079] - Passengers can in certain transit structure setups arrive very late causing other passengers to arrive late and a check-in fail loop
  • [ACEO-42082] - Queues that end toward an unwalkable position cause agents to fail finding the queue entry point
  • [ACEO-42085] - ATC connections not refreshed when game is paused causing them to appear as not connected
7 Likes

Heads up, 8.1-4 won’t go on the deafult branch as per:

2 Likes

Crunch Time just before the release of 1.0 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All hands on deck! :laughing:

8 Likes

Rolling out beta 8.1-5 now with a few last minute fixes and fixes to things we broke in 8-1-4. These fixes should however be verified and we expect everything to move smoothly from this point on. This version is likely what we’ll transition to a 1.0 version tomorrow afternoon, granted that nothing important in fact has broke. We’ll regardless be hands on the entire weekend to make sure that there are no critical issues still in the game.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 8.1-5

Bug

• [ACEO-41821] - All contractors are not correctly accounted for in extremely rare instances and thus cannot always be fully be dismissed
  • [ACEO-42007] - Percent signs are for some system cultures shown as squares
  • [ACEO-42092] - Extremely rare displacement of passport checkpoints can cause deserailization to stall
  • [ACEO-42093] - Fire trucks can in extremely rare instances after extinguishing a GA aircraft not clear the runway
  • [ACEO-42104] - Security checkpoints can in rare instances show faulty stand connections (visual only)
  • [ACEO-42112] - Pushbacks can in extremely rare instances not be invoked due to vehicle job task execution failure
  • [ACEO-42114] - Faulty pax despawn fetch check can cause very few passengers to spawn for each transportation vehicle
  • [ACEO-42123] - If passengers begin check-in via a self check-in desk they cannot prefer regular check-in desks when attempting to switch, causing a significant self check-in bias
  • [ACEO-42127] - Very rare index out of bounds exception when demolishing ATC related objects during threaded connection test can cause update system to stall
  • [ACEO-42131] - Improved error message when not enough runway ramps are attached to a runway

Exciting times tomorrow! :smiley:

21 Likes

Hello all, got a few questions…
Calculation of the airport satisfactory percentage, current airline rating is 96%, passenger satisfaction 106%, security rating 96% = average 84%???

Terminal quality is always under 40% I’ve literally done every adding more bins and building more stuff and it’s stuck there, what do you need to add to the terminals to increase???

Fuel station distribution they tend to always find the closest fuel station but when there is two fuel trucks they wait for a minute then returns empty to a parking space. When there is another fuel station right next to it where they can get fuel but just sits there full???

In the last few betas, passengers and staff are not using the escalators correctly, passenger going half way down the terminal to use one to go all the way back. Staff are exiting the terminal using the aircraft bridge stairs then going back in the terminal.

You have passenger statisfaction rating at 106%? It should be clamped to 100% so I probably need a bug report on that, probably also why the weighed average is off then too.

Passengers prefer nice seating ahead of gate seating, so that’s most likely why it’s stuck. Check that you are using the highest quality chairs and sofas and such and it should increase. I think this is mentioned in the tooltip?

Fuel depot selection is not using the same sorting as catering depots right now, it’s working OK and we didn’t want to make any significant change to this ahead of the 1.0 release so it’s something we’ll look at after that.

We do not have any other reports on this (in fact, the backlog is currently clean :open_mouth: ) - if you bug report the save we’ll have a look at it.

4 Likes

I can never get terminal rating above 40%. I’ve added everything I can think of logos, statues, lots of plants couches, expensive chairs, shops, food, windows, nice pattern floors, etc…

6 Likes

Ditto, and I don’t use gate seating at all

Bug report- 42152

Automated boarding desks no longer block passenger movement as per a design decision made a few updates ago as we got multiple reports on path access blocks. I assume that is the cause of those security officers routes. As for the rating issue, please drop us a report and we’ll look at it for a post 1.0 update! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On my 5th terminal the departing passengers go all the way down to the furthest gate to get to the next floor. So is there any point having escalators next to the gate for the arriving pax to split them? Feels like splitting arriving and departing pax is a difficult challenge. Anyway does the rating percentages effect the overall star rating of the airport in the dashboard tab, seem to always be stuck on 4 stars.