Airport CEO Beta 7 released

Did you start a new map or is the performance gain also existing in a savegame?
Sadly, I have still huge performance loss in the endgame.

@Olof : Is it worth it to raise a bug issue regarding performance loss in the mid/end-game?
I mean, you made just recently optimization work on this part.
5-20 FPS. Only 2000 guests, 150 workers.

But it could be my 10 years old CPU which is struggling not the first time in the last 1-2 years with some more CPU heavy games.
Win10 x64, Intel i7 2700k, 16GB RAM, 980GTX (graphics card shouldn’t be the problem)

Catering trucks are not moving anymore after the 7.0-5 update. Filed a big report, sorry can’t remember the number.

Don’t worry everyone, I will of course make it work :stuck_out_tongue: The issue was before you could place logos at, e.g. floor 2 in the air. There were no legality check at all for placement. Somehow, taxiway foundation is not recognized as a legal structure, just need to add that and it will hopefully work as expected in the next update.

UPDATE: Should work now :slight_smile: Let me know if you still have issues after the update!

9 Likes

:star_struck:

1 Like

20 Likes

:heart:

Alexander this update sounds really nice and I appreciate your effort to fix the issue :slight_smile: However I personally wonder that if there is going to be an another method to add static and non functional things into the game. @Hap0vecXD 's work shows that some static and basic objects (in this case taxiway markings) could add an extra beauty to the game. Although it has a cost as it fills the number of maximum modded airline into the game and it also causes a dummy aircraft to spawn because of auto planner.

What are your and Fredrik’s and Olof’s though about a very basic system to add non functional objects to the game?

3 Likes

It’s certainly not unlikely we’ll add it - seems like a feature that many might enjoy. It shouldn’t be too much work at all, since the system is in place. It is however not a priority at the moment, but I assure you, we recognize the request!

The way I can see we might implement it is adding a smaller set of purely cosmetic “stickers” and let the community mod in the ones missing. Nothing is decided of course though!

15 Likes

This way we can also add other stuff :smiley:

Static trains :smiley: (i guess you’ll just need to cut it into several “logos” )
Oh and tracks, also needed

13 Likes

No. :no_entry:

7 Likes

Good that you compressed the savegame files a few Betas ago. Otherwise the filesize would explode by all those objects. :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree with Olof, a static airplane model like a Concorde would fit into the AirportCEO rather than static train model. :smiley:

(if that no was meant to Alexander’s message here is a heart broken emoji that demonstrates my sadness :x::heart::x: )

3 Likes

Sorry to be a best @Olof

Might there be any tweaks in future for this little situation of passengers storming the shops if there isnt spare seats before check-in? Manages to hopefully pin point the reason behind it :slight_smile:

In the post ive two examples with more or less seats, the results are quite a comparison on pre-security shop and cafe :wink:

1 Like

Could be used to add some more scenery though, I know some airports have train/tram going in and out, both in the airport and to places outside it

2 Likes

@humoresque

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

did something change in the lasted update, because de-incing and food supplier mods aren’t loading into the game anymore.

Yeah I was just about to report that

Reported, ACEO-41216

2 Likes

Could also be nice to have the franchise logo’s able to be placed on floor tiles too :slight_smile: in the way we currently can draw airline logos

1 Like