Airport CEO Beta 7 released

Sounds interesting, yes - and I cannot remember a game like it. Nevertheless, I miss train terminals at our airport. Most big ones have them - but then we might see them already abstracten in the subway entrance. But subterranean trainstations exist underneath several big airports.

The train looks very smooth

1 Like

When it will be?

1 Like

Gave the stickers a shot. I probably need to find cleaner source images but the feature works great.

5 Likes

I’m having issues in hiring and then immediately training my staff. There are times when my newly hired staff would not appear on the staff list, especially when I immediately switch from the hiring tab to the staff tab to look for them to train them. Not sure if it’s just on my game.

1 Like

hey just wondering do have any idea to bring this game to Xbox one Series X PS4 PS5
Games like city sky line have already done this

That’s the new feature and the full mod by @Hap0vecXD is now available: Airport Signs and Markings
Anyone else can now also add own logos he/she wants to place in the airport.

4 Likes

An issue I wanted to report since a looong while

ACEO-41353 - The need to sit on a nicer chair than the normal airport seatings is too high. Every passenger seems to be a little Sheldon Cooper.

The following screenshot shows on the right side two Test-Seating areas with all kind of nicer chairs than the usual airport seating.
There is only a flight scheduled for the medium stands. But passengers for those stand and for flights on stands further to the left know that nicer seats are available on the right side and run straight to them as soon as one spot is free.

That means as soon as one passenger leaves the chair, someone else just passing the security gets a notification and knows, my spot is now free, I will take it!

• Nice chairs directly after security checks are always 100% full too… even when the designated stand for the passenger has a very long distance to walk.
3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your continued reporting over the weekend! :slight_smile:

No, unfortunately the game will not be ported to any consoles.

3 Likes

Deploying beta 7.1-1 now as a hotfix update, taking care of the two most common issues for beta 7 since the default release.

This update will go immediately on the default branch.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.1-1

Bug

• [ACEO-41366] - Some ATC related objects can incorrectly report missing connection to related objects due to a new connection manager system lag
  • [ACEO-41389] - Passengers not being able to leave airport due to lacking transit structures can be misinterpreted as mass pathfinding issues
5 Likes

Hey @Olof I noticed with the 7.1 push to the default branch that something with the baggage system is buggy. Planes only register outgoing baggage. No planes produce incoming baggage. I.e. Ramp agents are only loading baggage, but not offloading baggage. The flight monitor shows “0” under unloaded baggage for all flights. I’ve tried disabling baggage. Restarting the game, etc. Bug report ACEO-41397

1 Like

well ok guess my dream airport on an Xbox won’t come true but keep on making this game

1 Like

should you be able to pay off a loan if you don’t have the money and it puts you in the red? Cuz I just did. Do I need to bug report?

I would like it to be that way, but it is not designed that way.

Btw, we still can repair runways too, while in the red.

Second deployment of the day, rolling out beta 7.1-2 now with the following fixes!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.1-2

Bug

• [ACEO-41356] - Missing clamps for index variables can cause loading issues when deserializing vehicles and setting sprites
  • [ACEO-41360] - Business logotypes isn't always fetching the correct business at reload
  • [ACEO-41363] - Large weather station unlock text not correctly displayed
  • [ACEO-41364] - Conveyor belt system statistics can be fed incorrect metrics
  • [ACEO-41372] - Secure area exit not always properly recognized by area manager
  • [ACEO-41374] - Vehicles failing to roam multiple times in succession are not teleported to point of guaranteed access
  • [ACEO-41377] - Missing localization key in emergency response unity R&D project
  • [ACEO-41384] - Airside shuttle buses do not verify if passengers are in correct secure area when waiting during extended boarding process
  • [ACEO-41392] - Baggage bay connection check in tutorial can in rare instances fail due to legacy verification method

We’ll most likely continue to keep an eye on the beta 7 bug flow for another day or so before transitioning to beta 8 on the experimental branch, FYI!

9 Likes

@Olof

Terminal Area Baggage Icon is labeled “Staff Rooms”

Summary

as well as the staff icon

Staff Icon

Baggage Icon

Bug reporting not working for me right now and didn’t want to forget to mention it

3 Likes

Im sorry but I have to insist.

Did you said that the game isn’t use google translate???

One proof, no one have translate it, then use a google translation 4 month ago…

And there are a lot of lines with Google translate sugestions but also community sugestions with likes (Thanks of god)

Good evening all,

Beta 7.1-3 rolling out now on the experimental branch with the following fixes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.1-3

Bug

• [ACEO-41370] - Certain aircraft emergencies can in rare instance not spawn or resolve fully
  • [ACEO-41371] - Airport logotypes not visible under asphalt or concrete taxiway nodes if playing with "exterior object edge smoothing" disabled
  • [ACEO-41375] - Certain buildings not correctly rendered in planning mode
  • [ACEO-41376] - Stands still allow commercial flights after switching to GA setting
  • [ACEO-41406] - Business logotypes are not spawned correctly from the objects panel
  • [ACEO-41421] - Catering and waste trucks ignore terminal assignments when interacting with depots

Improvement

• [ACEO-41412] - Logos are now placeable directly on grass
10 Likes

Thanks. I just experienced this as well. So I will check after update if it will be solved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Bug report 41321 & 41432 -

1. Runway decoration on corners is covered by concrete/asphalt (can see on left, hidden on right corner)

1. Can’t place concrete/asphalt “under/around” 45 degree taxiway ramps anymore. We use to be able to.

And while I’m here, Messing around with a new airport, and having fun testing Beta 7 out… LAX inspired Departure/Arrival landside Area. Thought I would share the design.

• Lots of parking
  • Fun vertical circulation Towers w/ escalators, elevators, small restrooms, & Staff office on bottom and top floor…
  • Sky Bridges

All where the Pax and staff come to and leave the airport :slight_smile:

The images line up over one another…after clicking on one and then use the arrow to cycle though each image, you can see how its all connected :slight_smile:

Images

Floor -2 Staff Parking

Floor -1 Long Term Parking (Arrival)

Floor 0 Short Term Parking (Departure)

Floor 1 Sky Bridge (Departure)

Floor 2 Sky Bridge (Airline Lounge/Admin offices)

Floor 3 (Roof)

Runway/Parallel Taxiway areas - mirrored on other sided

A larger view of the over all landslide area of the airport with stands and world entry for perspective (Roof Level)

PS.

The aircraft need to stop short of the Hold short line :rage: my OCD is killing me… and the hold short should be far enough back to no allow any of the aircraft wings to cross over it when they are landing/… lol sorry my 2 cents for the year

9 Likes