Airport CEO Beta 6 released

What is downstairs? A mall in the size of the entire map?

4 Likes

Wait, is this just a restaurant? :joy: :joy: Is it making money? Does it require a boarding card to be able to get food? :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Toilets, an admin office and storage room where janitos hang outā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, itā€™s Casa Titus, the hottest fine dining in all of Transylvania! And yes, it is profitable, no boarding card required but for some weird reason all visitors bring their passportā€¦ :thinking:

7 Likes

I find that a bit too restrictive. My baggage bay could handle much more stands.
Why would you then increase the number of ramp agents?

1 Like

Done, ACEO-40694

1 Like

This new limit on Baggage Bay connections matches with my current thinking on the maximum that 2 Ramp Agents per side of the Baggage Bay can comfortably deal with.

On my current build I have 7 small stands and 3 medium stands connected, plus the small and medium Emergency Stands, and Iā€™ve just had to increase the Ramp Agents to 3, but the limiting factor really is how quickly the queue of Baggage Cars gets clearedā€¦

These limits can be adjusted as a result of your imput, these initial values are simply based on our own assesment of ā€œwhatā€™s reasonableā€. The reason we need to have them there is because weā€™ve received multiple reports on ā€œbaggage not being loadedā€ for baggage bays that are connected to 30 large stands and completely swamped.

Another day, another update! Rolling out beta 6.0-5 with, most probably, finally a fix for the issue where some objects and persons could start rendering across the floors after extended gameplay!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 6.0-5

Bug

• [ACEO-32517] - Rebalanced vehicle parking lot availability for departing passengers as a result of the ACEO-40242 fix
  • [ACEO-39141] - Persons not correctly fetching carried assets can cause objects to render across floors
  • [ACEO-39423] - Atmospheric pressure is displayed as bar instead of millibar
  • [ACEO-40546] - Snow can be rendered across ground despite notably warm temperatures
  • [ACEO-40575] - Arriving passengers can in certain building configurations not find passport desks
  • [ACEO-40578] - Fire trucks positioned too far from emergency will not engage in extinguishing
  • [ACEO-40581] - Extremely rare tunnel adjacent road configurations can cause vehicle spawning to stall
  • [ACEO-40685] - Flights can in rare instances complete boarding immediately after loading

Improvement

• [ACEO-40487] - Ground texture improved with season and weather value blending
7 Likes

Iā€™ve no problem with the setting as it is at the moment, Iā€™m going to see how it fares on my second active build which hasnā€™t got to the baggage system setup phase yet before raising any issues.

Well, youā€™re right, Iā€™ve that problem too and Iā€™ve discovered my self that there were too many Stands connected.
I think a number close to 15 is more reasonable. maybe the points have to match the number of ramp agents like:
1 to 5 points 2 ramp agents
5 to 8 3
9 to 11 4
11 to 13 5
14 to 15 6

Just an idea

Baggage bays and their ramp agents can be very individual, depending on number of stands, sizes of stands, schedule, time gap between planes, set passenger/flight ratio etc. I donā€™t think we need fixed rules behind that. So I am very happy when we can manage the number of agents by our own.

Maybe you have a bagage bay with 5 stands but you do only assign smaller medium planes like ATR42, CRJ200,ā€¦ instead of bigger ones like B757, B767 etc. The number of bags is smaller and loading goes quick enough with less agents.

Hi. Since latest update, none of my passengers board flights. They all wait at the gate after all other turnaround processes have been complete. This is on automatic boarding gates as well as manned gates. Have submitted bug report, hopefully this can be fixed quickly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also since the last update, staff donā€™t use staff rooms. For example, admins just stand still at the point at which they arrive (bus stop or subway) and stand there till itā€™s time to go home again. Same with executives.

I am not getting any notifications about planes needing to do a go-around? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Got boarding Problems since the last Patch, Airport worked fine yesterday.
Medium Planes stuck at ā€œboarding not started/pushback in Progressā€.
ACEO-40721

Boarding issue will be fixed in tonightā€™s update! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this has been reported, but as I was testing an old save, I notice sometimes that baggages are not loaded into the aircraft. The baggages are carried over to the stands, but theyā€™re somehow ā€œleftā€ behind in the tarmac. Iā€™ll see if If this issue persists and bug report if it does.

1 Like

Beta 6.1-0 rolling out now with fixes for the latest reported bugs!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 6.1-0

Bug

• [ACEO-40520] - Aviation fuel supply trucks set airport logo on spawn
  • [ACEO-40527] - Project container wraps percentage symbol
  • [ACEO-40528] - Check-in desks emit toggle on sound on construction completion
  • [ACEO-40529] - Doors animate despite not being built
  • [ACEO-40615] - Passengers boarding on medium aircraft can in rare instances use rear entry with no stair truck being present
  • [ACEO-40711] - Airports relying on solely automated check-in can in certain instances not invoke boarding
  • [ACEO-40715] - Season textures incorrectly rendered underground
  • [ACEO-40716] - Incorrect fetch setting can cause employees to not access staff rooms
  • [ACEO-40734] - Departing passengers located in a specific generic area compared to passport desks can in rare instances not continue through those desks

Improvement

• [ACEO-40516] - Text area beneath tool tip header disabled if not filled with text

Itā€™s Wednesday which means that our two week beta 6 sprint is now over and that beta 6.1-0 is destined for the default branch, unless we detect any serious issues with the latest release it will be deployed on the default branch late tonight or tomorrow.

The next version weā€™ll be working on is beta 7 with deployments following later this week, again this is another beta version simply focusing on QA, improvements and bug fixes and will last for another week until beta 8 takes overā€¦ and so the pendulum will keep swinging!

12 Likes

Olof, can you do me a favor and come back filling the map with grass over a larger area. You had to change something between versions because now I have the effect as in the picture below.
I know the map is oversized and you donā€™t support it ā€¦ but until yesterday everything was fine.

Thx
hds
:flight_departure:

Nice! two games in one.

1 Like