Airport CEO Beta 3 released

What I have found is that it takes a long while for the PAX to realise there is a new franchise (cafe or shop) open and available. A save/reload kicks them into action sooner. Unfortunately, I tried this with a new cafe on Level 1 of the Terminal and the PAX started to go to the cafe, but the franchise staff decided to leave the airport, leaving the cafe open and many frustrated PAX…

Hello devloppers, i have a bug in beta 3.4-0. The issue number is ACEO-37912. I dont know how that happends but that i know is that im helping for aceo devloppement.

What am I doing wrong? Why don’t small planes roll onto a large runway to take off?
These planes arrive on a different runway, but it is not possible to send them to the second runway.

First time when I reach to luggage handling.
Some of my PAX first exit the secure area and then they realize they need to take their baggage from the carousel and try to get back, get stuck and just wait there annoyed.

Am I missing something?

Also a few balancing questions:

• what are the recommended ratios for check-ins : baggage bays : stands? Also luggage cars? I know that this can differ with the airport’s layout efficiency but still… rough numbers?

I’ve raised a bug as well but because I cannot easily copy paste it’s ID I forgot it :slight_smile:

At which airport did you see the baggage claim in the secure area?

Hello @AnjinMaru! Please build the baggage carousel outside your secure zone. Baggage carousels are supposed to be placed outside secure zones.

As for the check-in ratio, each check-in desk has a service cap of 75 passengers. So build ample check-in desks to make sure all passengers of a particular flight can check-in

This link lists the maximum capacity for nearly all types of planes that can be found in the game.

Here is a calculation by @twocflyer that is based on the above values.

As for the baggage ratios, I’m not aware of anything such. Maybe this topic might help you.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comments everyone, rolling out beta 3.4-1 now with some more fixes for today!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 3.4-1

Bug

• [ACEO-37028] - Items can be set for construction on planned foundation terminals
  • [ACEO-37184] - Right clicking in flight planner causes scheduled flight containers to disappear
  • [ACEO-37421] - "Stand still" fallback activity for passengers with nothing to do far more frequent than "walking around" causing passengers to appear stuck
  • [ACEO-37497] - Stands not force activating boarding desks deactivated by power surge on load can cause flight boarding process to stall
  • [ACEO-37873] - Toggle planning key bind can't be (re)assigned
  • [ACEO-37909] - Employees teleporting from a stuck location can incorrectly set pathfidning permissions and not access certain areas
5 Likes

Hi, ilios21 thank you for the links, they are really useful.
As for where to build the baggage carousel… uhmm are you sure about the accuracy of the information? In real life at least, a lot of the airports (the majority even??) have the baggage reclaiming area before going out of the secure area.
I did more testing in the game so after a save and a restart the problem seems to be fixed. (I applied the same solution as for when adding new stands).

4 Likes

Almost all airports excluding USA Domestic Terminals will “restrict” access to baggage reclaim, this has been discussed a lot in forums :wink: It is a combination of security to avoid general public accessing hold baggage arriving in off flights but also customs reasons as baggage reclaim is often in a midway “one way” point between Arrivals Immigration desks and Arrivals Customs Checkpoint.

It is absolutely correct that baggage reclaim can be, and commonly is, located in a restricted area in some format :slight_smile: I think it was actually introduced as an option following lengthy, good debates in the forum with players from different countries sharing their experiences of how this varies.

4 Likes

Isn’t it the middle of the night for you guys? There is a lot of activity! I like it! :wink:

1 Like

With your runway setup, I see zero problems with it, try changing it so all planes use the same takeoff point, or just simply go through and re-lay all the taxiway nodes, and the one way signs

1 Like

I have built them inside a secure zone and that works fine.

1 Like

It seems that you hvae multiple RWs, right? In case you have a small and a large RW, small planes will prefer the small RW. At my airport I have the issue, that as long as I do not have all RWs sized equally, the planes will use thier responding RW size. Please bug report.

Greeting Leon

1 Like

I apologize for the wrong info. As pointed out by others, it seems that baggage claim can be built inside a secure zone. I personally never did so and hence asked you to build them oustide. :smiley:

1 Like

It wasn’t possible until Alpha 35 to build then inside the secure area. Since then, both options are possible and as mentioned, correct for some countries and airports.

5 Likes

I send small planes, after de-Ising to another runway, of a larger dimension, but they do not fly away. Apparently this is a bug.

I really like the plan mode, but is it also possible to look at my airport with everything planned turned off, so I only see that is really there at my airport?

1 Like

There was a button to disable planing mode, but it was removed after a lot of bug reports about “disappeared” planed objects. So now I don’t know a solution for that.

Your big Runaway accepts GA so GA goes to the biggest Runaway.

Where do they go to the large airstrip? They stand on top of each other, before leaving the de-icing pads. And they have one way, to a large runway, on which they did not land.