Airport CEO Beta 2 released

We’re back with another release, here’s beta 2.0-1 with the following changes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 2.0-1

Bug

• [ACEO-31494] - Medium and large aircraft can taxi through small de-icing pads
  • [ACEO-33785] - Product placement coroutine for shops may cause null reference exceptions during placement if product range takes a long time to generate
  • [ACEO-33802] - Selected save game container does not remain highlighted when about to press load button
  • [ACEO-33887] - All notifications button setting on notification panel not working
  • [ACEO-33889] - One-way road build button preview shows vehicle checkpoint object
  • [ACEO-34112] - Environment objects in areas not unlocked can be demolished
  • [ACEO-34292] - CFO and procurement director skill description identical
  • [ACEO-34344] - Buildable logotypes placed in certain direction on certain materials renders completely black
  • [ACEO-34346] - Boarding job tasks not created for airports where ramp agent service is disabled
  • [ACEO-34442] - Passport desk removes international zone when demolished

New feature

• [ACEO-28433] - Large weather station
  • [ACEO-34413] - Logotypes placed on stands changes to designated airline when switched

Improvement

• [ACEO-32248] - Vehicle pathfinding improved with weighted nodes path calculation
  • [ACEO-34361] - Hedges now become solid if placed next to each other
  • [ACEO-34377] - Taxiway node settings now feature the option to set specific arrival or departure flight direction as well as per weight class
  • [ACEO-34429] - Bus and passenger car rendering performance impact at night heavily reduced
  • [ACEO-34441] - Road checkpoint now has fence connector on both sides

NOTICE: Since we are currently overhauling the weather simulation system it has been completely disabled until we deploy the result of the overhaul. No weather related UI features will work. No weather stations have any impact (but can be placed). Severe weather emergencies can still occur.

13 Likes

No it doesn’t. it notice this will happen in between updates (I assume because sometime coded gets reverted) to where it will happen in one direction, but not in the other.

1 Like

When I click on a bording desk or check in desk (There could be more) This pops up:
20200930170831_1
I have to press flight planner and then esc key twice to make it go away. Then I can’t click on anything! Reload fixes it. Bug reort: ACEO-34462.

1 Like

Yep, experienced this today. Fix seems to work! :grinning:

1 Like

Bug 34467, whenever I go to build a check-in queue, and then I am finished, everything with selecting/bulldozing objects goes haywire. First, it does not let me leave the action of building the queue either via Esc or right-clicking. I can get out of it by selecting a new object to build. However, I cannot select already built items within the terminal. Then, I cannot bulldoze anything either.

Welp IMO I’m not gonna cancel amy flights. If there’s something like a hurricane Imma leave only runways facing headwind open, because why not? *shrugs*

But then wind should also affect the takeoff & landing roll, hence making an A380 levitating for a takeoff while blasting the Moon theme of Ducktales NES in the middle of Hurricane Laura possible lmao

But an option to be able to set different directions for different phases on an existing runway (e.g 09 for takeoff, 27 for landing) or even changing the direction of an existing runway as a whole (e.g runway was built for takeoffs & landings heading 090 but then an upgrade option is available to switcb it to face 270) would be appreciable.

This has been hotfixed right now, same version number! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I keep getting notifications saying place the service car closer to a staffroom. Takes forever for ramp staff to get into the service car even though it’s right next to it. How close do you need it to be and even with all the staff? Secondly Passenger service agent shifts, every time you open the airport even though you changed it, it returns to 1 hour. Thirdly again security, I have so many staff I keep hiring and yet missing security keeps on happening?

Is that the only service car stop you have? Is it covered by the same terminal as the ramp agents are assigned to?

1 Like

Staff already starts working on air lounge desk before it is built (ACEO-34503):

3 Likes

Could the large weather station reduce the duration of bad weather events? (Based on it being a more accurate forecast with more detail while the small station has crude information and you have to halt operations for longer to cover the uncertainty)

I think those aren’t weather machines to control the weather… Or are they in real life?

What Ruben means is that the small weather station wouldn’t be as accurate/reliable, so the airport would be closed longer in order to not risk anything.

Yay, that was pretty game breaking for me, I needed to assign 5 check in desks to baggage bays :grinning: :wink:

Interesting… after loading the game, I have self driving baggage trailers… (first load after the the newest update)

Same for shops and restaurants.

Would it be possible to colour code Service Streets and Normal streets when blueprinted, so the difference is more obvious? Maybe Service road can have a Yellow outline?

2 Likes

@jasperwillem, are your taxiways really only one tile wide?

For now, when starting Extreme, you have no money :wink:

Btw, all my secure stations are not operating in Beta 2 new build.

1 Like

5 Likes

How weird, this is no Harbor game.