Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Looking forward to play the newest version later. :heart_eyes:

Do you have the following two issues reported a few days ago on your radar?

ACEO-33022
“Select all” at the new sandbox options does not turn off when you deselect one of the settings below. If active it overwrites all indivual set options below.
That means you have to disable that one manually before you set your individual settings.

ACEO-33071
Changing one of the F10 Settings (Sandbox, Simulate Construction/Material) will disable all individual sandbox settings.
Maybe you can add all the new sandbox settings to the F10 menu so that it is possible to check the status and change them at any time of the game.

2 Likes

This is not something we will do unfortunately, the F10 panel is meant for development only and not to provide the custom changes you’re mentioning. If you want to change those individually you can do so via the save file instead in a text editor.

3 Likes

I hope the vehicle parking AI and vehicle management gets attention really soon.

I got 12 x parking lot underground below my C gates. All belt loaders and tugs are only needed at the C gates. Yet they happily drive and park all across the airfield to furthest possible 2 parking lots. Because only 8 of those under C gates are totally empty.

Not that it matters as the baggage drop bugs eliminated all outgoing bags from my airport…

Parking lots should be manageable like staff room, allow and ban vehicles based on groups.

Vehicle lists back to way they were, only 1 type selected, not all baggage related or plane related. Just tugs, belt loaders, baggage carts, catering etc. as solo selection.

List NEVER refreshes itself randomly and vehicles are always listed in constant order.

And they NEVER forget their parking lot assignment.

Hope this will be finally sorted soon.

As should the bag drop bug where people drop bags in them, but nothing goes out to baggage bay because of the outdated flight information on the bag drops.

3 Likes
  • [ACEO-33294] - Multiple incorrect node settings for various vehicle structures can cause entry and exit paths to include excessive detours

It looks like the vehicle detour issue is fixed!

2 Likes

I went ahead and did that and the drop-offs finally work!

1 Like

ACEO-33500 - Object can’t be placed because terminal floor is “not in world”

I cannot build a medium door here because it says that the upstairs terminal is “not in the world.” The rest of the objects here I built by copying and pasting from the floor below. Certain objects pasted but certain objects didn’t. I can place and remove zones. This persisted after a save and restart.

1 Like

I take that back. I’m still getting bad detours on a different airport @Olof - could you take a look? New submission is ACEO-33502.

1 Like

Will be fixed in the next deployment!

We’ll have a look at it tomorrow. There are basically a very large amount of possible combinations for the road nodes to connect so we will most likely have to patch them as you discover them! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Olof - here’s a quick video (unlisted on YouTube):

You’ll see two detours here: one down to the vehicle checkpoint and one to the fire station. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

We can have a “Superuser panel” for all of the custom stuff, though that’s wasted effort. I guess someone can write a simple program that edits the JSON…

You can assign vehicles to parking lots, are you sure there wasn’t a prior assignment you gave to the vehicle?

1 Like

Those don’t look like the same type of detours however as the vehicles make a small stop on those extreme points, instead looks like roaming activities that happen after a failed path. Still an issue of course and something we’ll look at tomorrow! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My aircraft are doing an absurd amount of go arounds, after playing it for a while the arrival aircraft are arriving after the departure time. Most aircraft do at least 2-4 go arounds before arriving.

1 Like

Second version of the day rolling out noew, Beta 1.0-7, with the following fixes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 1.0-7

Bug

• [ACEO-32241] - "Cargo not secure" and "no de-icing" emergency effects not working
  • [ACEO-32937] - Emergency aircraft can in rare instances overlap existing GA aircraft on stand
  • [ACEO-33343] - Boarding desks emit ticket beep when passengers enter aircraft and not when actually passing boarding desk
  • [ACEO-33463] - Some settings are not showing correct values in game settings panel
  • [ACEO-33486] - Aircraft model name wraps incorrectly in flight information panel
  • [ACEO-33489] - Medium sized sliding doors can't be properly placed du to incorrect size setting

Improvement

• [ACEO-28633] - Airline lounges now support "any airline" setting
  • [ACEO-31448] - Room now displays size when dragging
11 Likes

finally thats great because means i can let bussiness people use lounge for any airline

6 Likes

I know and no there wasn’t. But after loading the save, vehicles tend to forget where they were supposed to be parked.

Anyway, it is quite a job to manually assign each and every vehicle on large airport since they don’t have any logic to use nearest parking lot for where they are used. It would be a great help if we could assign parking lots for tugs only, de-icers only etc.

2 Likes

Assigning vehicles, I know your feeling :smiley: ~ I just found out, my waste depot is constant full, building a second.

Summary

Daily report;

Summary

2 Likes

passengers do not split up equally between security Checkpoints

Since I updated to Beta, my passengers have a lot of trouble to split up equally between the differnt check points. Note: The three (or actually five) check points on the right side do handle nearly no passengers, while the PAX at the left side fail to queue up at a very overcroweded Check Point. This set up worked pretty well prior to this update, never had issues like this.
hope this will get better again.

Greetings,
Leon

1 Like

This I call “erratic driving” … holy guacamole!

2 Likes

Same here in terms of backlog of PAX waiting on taxis or cars. Big hit on the game performance too with so many PAX. Might try using a subway only approach and remove all car and bus stops to see if that helps. Car drop off seems to be the main cause of backlog.

1 Like

Is this related to the Subway emergency closure, or a standard problem?

1 Like