Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Nope. The car drop off points can have huge backlogs of PAX even with a functioning subway. Would be interested to know the logic being used to decide what transport a PAX chooses. It would be good if the default was subway when the taxi and car drop off points are full to avoid large numbers of PAX hanging around the airport waiting to leave

1 Like

same here :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:

I also watched, that many cars/taxi pick up just 1-3 persons, even if there are 15 waiting.

1 Like

Uhm…that is because many taxis only accept a single customer (or a coherent group of such to avoid squabbling about who pays what) and has only up to 3 seats available so working as intended?
Same with buses - who says that the arriving bus goes to your destination so you wait for the one that does.
I think a bigger problem would be if the program assigns certain percentages to the PAX in the airport such like 50% will use the bus, 10% taxi, 30% metro and rest by car stop. This can get ugly with high PAX numbers and somewhat erratic queueing behavior.
The way the taxis are working seems odd to me. Usually there is a waiting line of taxis where I am from and the customer goes to the first cab in line. Then the queue wanders to the next cab waiting. Here there are mostly more taxis waiting than potential customers but this can have high turnarounds at busy times.
So basically, the taxi stands are too short and should allow for a queue of taxis picking up the customers instead of one cab per stand. Frequency of arriving cabs will be based on airport rating or overall PAX number. I mean, as taxi driver I go there, where I expect customers, if I am not doing on-call-business.

Something like this: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblipsystems.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F08%2FTaxi-Line-San-Diego.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This could also reduce the number of nodes needed for a similar number of stands with their own cabs. All enter one stand and from there they leave at a designated point. Inside they just queue.

2 Likes

If you have a subway built then it is really just a spawn/despawn location. Much better to have PAX default to this to avoid horrendous queues at taxi and car stops which then leads to a significant performance hit with my PC due to the huge number of PAX still in the game.

1 Like

In the past, several/many subways were necessary to deal with large volumes of passengers - try building more subway entrances throughout your airport. At some point we had talked about balancing the cost of subways to counteract this need.

1 Like

Please file bug reports if you feel balancing with passenger transit structure is off, however we do have a lot of bug reports with huge airports where people build 50 car drops and complain about stalled passengers. Large airports don’t rely on 50 to 100 car drop offs, in order to effectively move people when you have those large airports you basically need subway entrances and that’s how the game is designed.

1 Like

Could you check the subway entrances then? People don’t seem to prefer them as much as they really should. Also bus loading / unloading takes too long which causes the queues to back up.

1 Like

@Olof I tried to report with the in-game bug reporter, but it kept failing to submit.

The new de-icing emergency appears to have a significant issue: aircraft taking off when the temp is <= 32F seem to trigger this emergency, but the aircraft don’t path to available de-icing stands unless the temp is <=32F when they push back. Thus if the temp is >32F when they push back, but drops to <=32F before takeoff, then the de-icing emergency occurs simply because the aircraft don’t go to the de-icing stands, and there’s nothing the player can do to prevent this.

So the de-icing emergency should only occur for aircraft if the temp is <=32F when they push back, or the aircraft should choose to de-ice when the temp is getting close to freezing.

1 Like

Correct, will patch this in the next update.

I need actual bug reports of this, every save is different and I need the bug in its context.

1 Like

New version rolling out now! Beta 1.0-8 with just a few changes. The beta 1 sprint is nearly complete and so the deployments will contain less and less changes in order to provide a stable default experience! :slight_smile:

Beta 1 is set to go live on Wednesday next week so we still have a few days of bug fixing to go before that happens, but now its time for weekend. :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 1.0-8

Bug

• [ACEO-33452] - Flower bed incorrectly set as unwalkable can cause various pathfinding deadlocks
  • [ACEO-33453] - Missing default setting of departure cargo bay can cause check-in via automated desks to not accept baggage
  • [ACEO-33472] - Low FPS causes aircraft to skip touch down zone and perform multiple go arounds

Improvement

• [ACEO-33495] - Logotypes are now square draggable
6 Likes

not enough taxis or buses spawning for some reason, leaving long lines of passengers.

I would love it if we could queue passengers on the bus stop and taxi stand, rather than the single line all the way back to the baggage claim.

1 Like

Would be nice, if the bus stops came with integrated bus shelters and seats. Best would be being able to create a bus terminal for airport bus traffic.

1 Like

Eh, I prefer placing my own. In my opinion they should just be the piece of road and users should place the sidewalk as a requirement.

1 Like

Cool on one side… bad on the other side… I’ve spent today more than 30 minutes with decorating my airport with logos and now they set back to 1x1 and I can replace them again… :smiley:

Have a nice weekend.

//Edit:
ACEO-33567 - Clone tool does not work with new draggable logos → logo size gets resetted to 1x1
It’s going to be hell when you have to draw every logo manually… :frowning:

/Edit2:
And something happended to the large de-iceing pad. It is now darker than the other concrete.

1 Like

Bug 33575, after loading a save for the first time into 0.8, I noticed there is something off with passengers not progressing through security queues. The partially fill the queues, then freeze in them, never to progress through and reach the security screening area.

2 Likes

unless he’s just grown accustomed to their presence… or the cops bring cookies…

2 Likes

I just did one better, I caught a cow in a terminal block.

The on/off ramps for runways are not labeled for runway size.

33585 ~ Zone merging issue ~ all 3 stands

1 Like

My Baggage is vanishing

Bug Report open: ACEO-33588

When i rotate the view by 90° the Baggage is no more visible.

And now same view rotated

I could not provide both Screens with Ingame Bug Reporter so i post it here

2 Likes

After loading my yesterday’s savegame, I’ve got a warning about an error during loading the savegame and I have to report it… I did that as ACEO-33589.
When checking the airport, all new draggable logos which I’ve placed yesterday are disappeared. All other stuff is running smoth.

ACEO-33590 - After loading the savegame, the lounges are closed (at 12 noon) but staff is at the desk and people are sitting in there.
/Edit: When I close it, I cannot reopen it
And: All conveyors belts are gone

Other stuff:
ACEO-33593 - Disabled hangars do not find road connection after reloading the game until you activate them
ACEO-33594 - deactivate objects to not show an icon anymore

1 Like

Another thing i discovered.

Is it intended that way that the Squaremeters inside Buildings are bigger than Outside?

Because this could lead to other Bugs.

To check draw a 10x10 Terminal Foundation and then draw a Food Franchise inside. So your franchise gets a 1444 sqm Area inside a 400 sqm Terminal Foundation.

:slight_smile:

1 Like