Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Hi Olof - started a new sandbox airport (settings below) and it spawns with 0% ratings for most services instead of 50%, and getting warnings that my business opportunities will suffer. Is this intended? (Basically I don’t want to waste time on a new design idea if I won’t get any business… :slightly_smiling_face: :stuck_out_tongue:)

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 8.12.06 PM

Edit: checked the save file (about 1 in-game day)…

1 Like

In my opinion this make sense. Because if you start with a blank green field, nothing builded it’s unrealistic, that you have a rating of 50%

1 Like

It would be nice if the easy - hard choice existed of several slides;

• Start Money
  • Emergency tier
  • Income differentiation*

Income should be tied to a difficulty tier;

• Easy (High Income, Normal Cost)
  • Hard (High Income, High Cost)
  • Expert (Low Income, High Cost).
2 Likes

I think it would make more sense if the ratings are disabled like for the GA. As soon as a service is available, the rating starts.

1 Like

It is also weird that not developed services are calculated in the average ratings for deliverables.

1 Like

But on the other hand, why should the rating be better if you do not provide a specific service?

3 Likes

The service level should be calculated for the existing services, as a service level.

If a cumulative is used as now, the service levels per service should be split in sub-levels.

Make a tab in Economy tab with all ratings, with a zoom-level for all services in the service level, including contributing factors (positive and negative).*

Same for terminal rating, staff happiness, etc, etc.

All service levels should be summarized in the daily report.

** Earlyer I stated the game needs less black boxes in this regard, this is one of the places were black boxing is occurring and this would be an elegant solution.

2 Likes

So then you should remove the Simulation Tags in Steam Shop, maybe?

2 Likes

Well, you do simulate being a CEO of a airport, and I dont think there is a tag for tycoon.

1 Like

No, this is not intended but not something that I seem to be able to reproduce. For how long have you ran this new game?

Just because it’s mainly a tycoon game doesn’t mean that it doesn’t contain elements of simulation, so yes I need to rephrase my above statement with “this is mainly a tycoon game, not mainly a simulation game”, plus…

… this is correct, there is no default (main) tycoon category on Steam which is otherwise of course the tag we would have used! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Beta 1.1-0 is now released on the experimental branch! It’s the last beta 1 release we’ll make and marks the end of the first beta sprint. It will soak for a little bit on the experimental branch before being transitioned to the default branch together with a little update on the development in general.

Here’s the patch notes for Beta 1.1-0:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 1.1-0

Bug

• [ACEO-32952] - Investigate button on notification container for new arriving vehicles does not work
  • [ACEO-33672] - If agent is unspawned, clicking on go to object can cause camera to end up on out of bounds floor
  • [ACEO-33688] - Missing weather data content check can cause deserialization process to break
  • [ACEO-33746] - Emergency status can start updating before loading is complete causing ongoing emergencies to at random resolve
  • [ACEO-33755] - Incorrect clamp values for contractors building on world edge can cause them to get stuck
  • [ACEO-33758] - Missing aircraft object verification on pushback truck interaction can cause aircraft to deadlock
  • [ACEO-33764] - Persons can randomly despawn to transit structures after just a slight number of failed pathfinding attempts
  • [ACEO-33770] - Incorrect text on de-icing pad activation toggle
  • [ACEO-33778] - Land animal strike distance on take off too short causing unexpected emergencies
  • [ACEO-33781] - Uncaught null reference exception in ULD loading process can cause turnaround to stall
  • [ACEO-33857] - Unexpected deoccupation of automatic desks can cause them to become inoperable and stall boarding or check-in procedures
  • [ACEO-33858] - Boarding desk panel does not reveal information about currently boarding flight if heavily delayed

New feature

The new aircraft are flown by Tulip and as per usual you will have to refresh your contract with them in order to include the new aircraft in the fleet!

18 Likes

@Olof - It’s literally brand new. I just tested again (new sandbox with custom toggles) on 1.1-0 and submitted bug ACEO-33874.

2 Likes

When will you add Tu-154?

1 Like

We don’t have any Tupolevs scheduled for the full release, they may be added a later point though but currently I don’t have any more information on that.

5 Likes

Beta 1.1-0 is now out on the default branch and you can see the full change log in this Steam message: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO Beta 1.1-0 released

The beta 2 sprint has now started and will be deployed tomorrow evening on the experimental branch! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yay, Beta is out :partying_face:

When you look at Baggage at a large stand, it reports ULD’ in stead of bags, what is an ULD?

Why is it possible to open a Baggage Bay without any check in desks / stands connected?

It would be nice if the “queuing” parameter also had a zoom level, of queue types, so you as CEO know, where the queue quality is an issue.

Oh, the staff warning indicator is awesome!

If your airport rating goes up, your staff pool should improve in quality to reflect your airports higher goodwill.

Playing in Easy I miss the volcano’s, then your flight schedule gets very random in the auto-planner, now its mostly blocks with 12 planes coming in at the same 1h window.

1 Like

Seriously? You’re talking to the lead developer of the game, and the best you can do it pull out a nitpicking well just remove “simulation” tag? It’s a simluation game. It’s simluating an airport. There are better things to spend your time doing… right?

3 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

As beta 1 is released on defalt isn’t it time to change this?

Ok, this is answered in the reply…

3 Likes