Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Anyone else having issues since B1.0-8 that remote boarding busses do not leave the bus stop anymore?

Boarding is completed, all passengers are in the bus but it does not leave.
When I send the plane away, the bus is still there and blocks the bus stop for the next flights. To get the bus away, a reload of the game is required but then the next one get stuck there.

1 Like

Canā€™t report a bug from the main menu. At the loading screen, currently only the one which is hovered by the mouse appears in a different grey.
When you select an entry and you want to press the ā€œload gameā€ button, you donā€™t see which one you have selected.

1 Like

Something is up here, but I cant report it, since then the menu closes.

1 Like

ā€¦nvmā€¦

1 Like

Not sure whatā€™s going on here. The pin is definitely in northern Germany (about 30km north of Magdeburg).
Roughly 60-70km east of Braunschweig-Wolfsburg (BWE/EDVE)
Roughly 120-130km north/Nordwest of Leipzig/Halle (LEJ/EDDP)
Roughly halfway (east-west) between Hannover(HAJ/EDDV) and Berlin (TXL/EDDT and SXF/EDDB)
Socotra is an island in the Arabian Gulf (about 5800km away)

I noticed that, too. I wanted to build near Schwerin, ca. 80km away from the Baltic. Is it going to be changed?

1 Like

Same problem with buses for remote stands and bug reported. Bus loads up PAX ready to take them to plane but just then sits at stop. If I close stand and delete bus stop I can build a new one that starts working again. Had this issue yesterday and it was working after rebuilding but not sure if underlying problem has now been fixed by developers?

2 Likes

I saw yesterday on another old Alpha 35 savegame it was working correct. Very strange. Then I will rebuild them again and see what happens.

My current test airport was started with the emergency update and was running perfect until B1.0-8.

1 Like

Are those people walking over a taxiway. If so, thatā€™s awesome! I always send them undergroundā€¦ guess Iā€™m more of a dwarf than an elfā€¦

1 Like

Hi all! Weā€™re back from the weekend with a sizeable first update for the week. Weā€™re nearly complete with our first beta sprint and Beta 1.1-0 will release on the default branch on Wednesday and consequently the second beta sprint will start immediately with that release. But before that weā€™ve got a few more bug fixes to cram in, and hereā€™s some of them:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 1.0-10

Bug

• [ACEO-32976] - Emergency flight display frequency as daily in flight information panel
  • [ACEO-33023] - Emergency aircraft fire visible on underground floors
  • [ACEO-33032] - Pushback truck position for Saab 340B incorrect on large gate
  • [ACEO-33075] - Baggage claim area labeled as "domestic baggage claim area" by default
  • [ACEO-33076] - Build panel containing large amount of logotypes can clip out of view
  • [ACEO-33466] - Pusbhack truck incorrectly named at procurement
  • [ACEO-33580] - Runway letters (R, L, C) are not always set correctly
  • [ACEO-33696] - Hover tool tip descriptions as part of zone area panels can block scrolling and other building interaction
  • [ACEO-33699] - Incorrect deserialization of airline logotype may cause the save to not be correctly loaded
  • [ACEO-33729] - Square draggable structures can show incorrect area size
  • [ACEO-33735] - Achievements unlocked for older sandbox mode saves

Improvement

• [ACEO-33321] - Mouse cursor now highlights if a world container contains information about a failed path
  • [ACEO-33342] - Desks now emit sound effect when operated by staff
  • [ACEO-33473] - Patrol route points now indicate which floor they are on
  • [ACEO-33488] - Exclamation notification on employee and service vehicle stat containers now highlights if there is an employee or service vehicle shortage
  • [ACEO-33667] - Camera now automatically switch to ground floor when attempting to place a ground structure
  • [ACEO-33668] - Camera values now saved per game session
13 Likes

Wow, everthing seems to be implamented! Good work :grinning: :heart:

4 Likes

Any chance to implement correct fueling again ā†’ Cirrus and future jet planes will use Jet Fuel A1 instead of wrongly AvGas even if GA? I still do not understand that issue got deteriorized.

1 Like

That was by choice I think.

1 Like

Construction crews canā€™t work, construction deliveries stopped after the 1.0.10 updateā€¦ airport is basically broken and non-functional right now after 3 days straight of building with 147 contractorsā€¦

ACEO-33767

1 Like

Remote stands with buses getting stuck at stop and not taking PAX to plane still not working. Reported under ACEO-33777

1 Like

I know - however, this does not make things look better.

1 Like

Do others have issues as well to send bug reports? I get a message that there is no connection to the server.

2 Likes

Mine is working good

@Olof question about baggage trucks. Can small pullforce baggage truck be used to operate at large stands and have ULD? I think no, but right now it does. And thatā€™s for sure bug: in the description it says that small baggage truck can handle up to 2 trailers, mine have 4šŸ˜‚ -ACEO33795

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry but the boring old answer is that ā€œthis is a tycoon game, not a simulation gameā€. People who are interested in aviation and well informed on aircraft in general understand the difference between Avgas and Jet fuel types, whereas people who play tycoon games with no immediate insight into aviation do not. Itā€™s very difficult, from a gameplay perspective and from a tutorial perspective, to communicate this, to the large mass of players, very small detail and it simply does not translate well into gameplay progression. The decision to make it so that all GA fueled Avgas and all commercial Jet was taken after multiple bug reports on the subject were incorrectly sent, in regards to the subject matter, but also in regards to issues with the tutorial progression when the Cirrus jet was spawned and the task was to refuel with Avgas. We today have no reports on this, except for the occasional enthusiasts complaint about lacking representation of the real world which is when I step in and give this boring answer. And then of course, rinse and repeatā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Bug 33819, Iā€™m noticing Airbus aircraft are casting odd shadows in comparison to the aircraftā€™s/shadowā€™s relation to each other. I thought it was only while parked on a stand, but I see it while they are taxiing, which is trippy haha.

Bug 33820. I cannot remove old logos, either by deleting, or ctrl-clicking with logos as my building object, if the object is under something like a boarding desk (depending on the logoā€™s rotation). I would have to close the desk to remove the desk, which would require the closing of the stand and the subsequent cancellation of flights, along with a degrading airline rating from all of that. I have to say that boarding desks are the biggest nuisance to me in the game at this point because of the game behavior. There has to be another option that doesnā€™t upset the flow of the game so much, but allows you to MOVE the stand which would keep it open, and allow you to modify whatever you can. Man that MOVE feature looks so good right nowā€¦ HINT HINT

2 Likes

Our first beta sprint, beta 1, is now complete and with a final major deployment tomorrow, beta 1.1-0 will drop on both the experimental and then immediately the deafult beanch. That means that the second sprint for beta 2 begins tomorrow and weā€™ll continue just as weā€™ve done these two past weeks with daily updates! :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll also include, in the Steam patch notes, a somewhat longer message digging into the current development and what weā€™re doing in general. Sort of like a dev blog but a lot shorter.

10 Likes