Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Thank you very much! :smile:

I could not find it, I was looking for it to place it near the aircraft runways, assuming they are placed there.

If there is any idea where the bird controls are placed I could use the information.

A hug! :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

This might just be me, but I have seen several other people report this as well. A36 seems to be relatively unstable with regards to the engine itself.

• The game seems to crash whenever we quit. Others reported this when saving and quitting to desktop, but I have this problem when I save and quit to the main menu as well. I am able to load games fine though.
  • Following on that, I feel that the main menu itself is getting a bit unstable as well. Iā€™ve seen for a brief moment that the player character warps a bit when I type in the name field.
  • Is it intentional that the Unity launch options is no longer visible? In A35, the player get to choose whether to launch the game windowed/fullscreen, graphics quality, and resolution before launching the game itself, but now, the game is directly launched without bringing up the launch options anymore.
  • And a personal problem for me, but I notice that the engine gets a bit laggy when it terminates the game. Steam client always freezes whenever I exits from the game, and this is a recurring problem from me since A35. Granted I have a weak PC, so thereā€™s that.

PS: donā€™t know others, but Iā€™m using Windows (8.1).

3 Likes

Place it along the runway. The BSPS has a radius, make sure you place enough to cover the whole runway.

2 Likes

Where have you seen this? We had an initial problem in the first launches where the client would not quit correctly due to thread leaks but that was fixed. In the backlog we have about one or two out of 130 or so reported Alpha 36 bugs, mentioning client instability, so the recorded amount we have on that topic is lower than 1%. Can you reference these complaints anywhere?

2 Likes

Crash

crash-2

From the Discord.

2 Likes

Well we would need a lot more details in order to decipher what is going on, either here in this topic or via mail to us on support@airportceo.com.

2 Likes

Unity sends crash-reports every-time you have a +2h game session atm, on closing the game. Win10, RTX card.

Any specifics that can help you? DxDiag? sysinfo?

ā€œAnd a personal problem for me, but I notice that the engine gets a bit laggy when it terminates the game. Steam client always freezes whenever I exits from the gameā€

This I have had for like a year already? It seems the cloud sync is very heavy somehow.

2 Likes

Can you drop the save this happens with to support@airportceo.com?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the crash dump and the log.
EDIT: From the latest version.

If I load a save and quickly exit, it works fine.

EDIT: Added the crash logs for the previous versions. One of them is a crash in the middle of the game. the rest are crash upon exiting.

3 Likes

Thank you, will investigate the issue! :slight_smile:

Edit: I can recreate the issue with jasperā€™s save, will see what the issue is and supply a fix.

5 Likes

I have an idea for the reason. I play the game on a Mac in full screen. But in fact there is a black bar on the top and the bottom of the screen. Thatā€™s only happening since the 36 major version. It seems like the mouse is acting as the screen wouldnā€™t have these bars. It would also explain why the mouse position is different from the mouse hover/click position especially in the top/bottom area of the screen (have to click above the button on the X in the bug reporter windows and below the ā€œSend Bug Reportā€ button on the bottom). If you need a bug report, please give me a hint.

2 Likes

Yes me too

2 Likes

Ah,so itā€™s not just me. Yeah, cloud sync for ACEO needs to be optimized, but I can see how thatā€™s not particularly high on the chopping block atm.

2 Likes

We have nothing to do with Steamā€™s cloud sync feature, other than directing Steam to the gameā€™s save path. It would more so be a question of lowering the save file size, but thatā€™s a different topic, we cannot affect the actual sync process in any way.

4 Likes

Yeah, but there is something specific for ACEO, since I seem to be only having this problem with ACEO. The CPU/Disk usage of Steamā€™s client is very high each time I quit/crash ACEO.

2 Likes

I had a franchise employee standing on a runway totally lost. I have no idea how he got there. And until we can pick up people and move them, absolutely no way to resolve it.

2 Likes

Hmmm. The only entrance to my airport without climbing fences is the road. And yet I had a land animal.

2 Likes

Can we get a ā€œfenceā€ analyzer? Tot test were animals can pass through?

2 Likes

animal

5 Likes

5 GA stands, 6 commercial, and this

220 En route flights, with ATC capacity of 25,

4 Likes