Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

I found an actual problem. The numbered secure zones stacking up one each other for some reason causes horrible lag spikes throughout the game and I have to save and quit to get it to stop lagging. I think I have 60 secure zones stacked for some reason despite having maybe 3

1 Like

i know this is gonna sound really stupid, but how do i get experimental?

Am i right in assuming that the terminal designation in picture 2 (capture2.png) has a more of less free form and is not rectangular? In other words does that mean that I can freely shape the form of the terminal?

@MSCHardcore The Airport CEO Experimental Branch

Am i right in assuming that the terminal designation in picture 2 (capture2.png) has a more of less free form and is not rectangular?

That is correct. You can basically “paint” that whole area you prefer.

Love the update. I’m retrofitting my airport to fit walkalators and lifts. Love the small stairs too. Finding gameplay a bit choppy but I assume that’ll settle. Love how people actually sit and wait now, though I also realise I don’t have enough seats.

Used staff zone to create a separate exit from the gate. Generally worked, but some pax came in that way and went into the jetway then around the staff zone then to the gate. Extending the separation further towards the arrival hall solved this.

Thank you for the one-way walkalators - they are awesome. Love seeing pax running to the gate on them. Still would love to see one-way escalators too so I can truly create better pax separation (i.e. not having to cross over to the correct side of the escalators).

I also like the hours of operation for the businesses - but can we adjust the hours anywhere? Currently its set to 4 am to midnight - so I have 4 hours with no services for pax catching overnight flights.

Amazing work

Right click the game in steam, click on properties then the betas tab

I just loaded my airport to build the international area with past features, and voilà. :rofl:

By the way people. I suggest you to take a look on “gameplay settings” in in-game menu.

:slight_smile:

I had the same issue and I figured out that those extra security zones were individual zones inside walls, so try to remove security zones in wall tiles.

Has anyone been able to get the new lounges to work? Mine say requirements fulfilled, however no passengers use them.

Do you need passport control for medium aircraft?

The devs talked about a pro mode setting to allow medium flights to be international flights so would check out the gameplay settings?

Ok will do, thanks

2 thing regarding elevators:

• There is a need for doors on two sides. North - south or if you turn it 90 degrees East - west. This makes for easier and better planning of terminal layouts.

• I personally think elevators should work more like a car. It has a capacity, example 10 persons. 10 persons enter (if theres a que. if not the elevator leaves the floor after a certain amount of time) The ten persons disembarks a specifik time later on the next floor. it then takes the same amount of time for the elevator to get back to the ground floor. As it is now people just streams in to the elevator. and i think that looks weird. Every one knows that waiting for elevators i tiresome :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Devs first implemented elevators in basic and will look into other options when everything is working stable. These are typically things to be picked up during Beta phase.

5 Likes

Nice to play the new features.

Is it intended due to the new arrival passenger flow, that the medium doors are not working anymore at gates without jetways? It always removes the walls after changes or reloading the game.
I have always preferred to use them there.

They are like jetways, arrival passenger enters to terminal on 1 side and departure exits from terminal on other side. By using that you can separate passengers from each other.

1 Like

The thing is that medium stands are now an architecture disaster.

In the past you could use 1 tile areas for medium gates like that:

While for large gates you were always and still able to use 2 tiles.

Now you have to build 3 tiles for medium gates.

I think the medium gates needs a replacement of the jetbridge that they can at least work like the large gates.

\ by the way… I love the new bus drop offs… :heart_eyes:

I submitted a bug report title “Unlocked Projects and Programs Locked Again”. Cancel that. Chalk it up to ID-10-T error code. Unfortunately, I don’t have the bug report nbr.

The baggage drop of is called “check in desk”. Reported it as bug, don’t know the number. :slight_smile: