Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

It seems that it is not possible to place buildings nearby terminals now. This also happens when you place something under a skybridge. But in this case, (refer screenshot) there happens to be no terminal foundation on the floor above.

There might be a bug that game thinks there is a foundation on upper floor. Could you reload the save game and retry?

This also happens when you place something under a skybridge.

I think it is normal for buildings.

3 Likes

i think i did remember trying to build skybridge in same way as other user and its error reported to me - i will test this again

edit: you need drag over to other side - make sure other side has roof only then bridge will appear

example below

1 Like

S&R has done the trick. I can build close to the terminals now. :+1:

2 Likes

Can someone please explain what this means?
Also, I have noticed that when the baggage are on the trucks outside the terminal building, they seem to be in black or similar shades. But when the trucks are inside a building, the bags retain their different colours. Is this part of the improved baggage rendering?

1 Like

Ha, i sent in a bug report for this hah.

Question: Has this astar issue been resolved, or is this still ongoing?

I’m still running a slightly older save. So wondering if it may be the problem.

My issues with astar disappeared when i started a new saw (my old one was getting very buggy, i just re created my old save in a new one with the sandbox mode, too lazy to restart everything)

1 Like

The baggage issue seems to be related to a shader setting, @Fredrik will look at it starting next week. As for the building issue I’m guessing something is not correctly reset when removing, strange but we will also have a look at this.

Regarding A* and path-finding, it’s difficult to tell but we always recommend to keep backups of your airport when playing on default as many of the changes we deploy to the experimental branch can persist and cause strange behavior.

3 Likes

I’ve just reported ACEO-16688, but the problem solves after reloading. So you might want to save the loading time and maybe just try to reproduce with your own savegame.

1 Like

Cleaning service feels way too slow - though that’s probably due to how long it takes to deboard pax. I’m okay with delaying boarding to wait until cleaning is complete but in a lot of cases cleaning takes so long that my pax don’t board until after scheduled departure.

Recent flight - 757-200
Arrived 1421
Cleaning truck arrived 1448
Deboard complete 1521
Cleaning complete 1700

I think it should be only 30-45 minutes for cleaning for medium A/C

3 Likes

Generally the times are not very realistic. For example catering for an A320 usually means switching a couple of empty containers for new ones, that should be done very quickly.
Cleaning is probably what takes the longest, but at least for domestic flights within Germany I know Lufthansa sometimes manages to get this done within 10-15 minutes.
On the other hand, if it would be changed to realistic times it wouldn’t have much impact anymore. At least not as long as the medium stands have several hours turnaround time.

Passengers not boarding however isn’t a problem of too slow cleaning. The problem is that on almost every flight lots of passengers don’t show up at the gate on time. That’s something I don’t like very much, in reality it’s rare that someone has passed security but doesn’t get to the gate on time.
Those passengers who are at/near the gate usually all board a flight even if boarding starts delayed.

I think the main issue is that the (game) time passes too quickly, devs have already tweaked that but I think it should be slowed down even more. Especially when the big boys will be introduced in the game.

If you have a big airport, it might take almost an hour for a plane to reach his assigned gate, a bit too much to be honest…

I am inclined to agree. I know this is quite delicate to realize…but this has been done in games like A-Train 9, where schedules of trains were in question. Using ‘real’ time could lead to having procedures a bit more accurate and delays because of ways objects need to take reduced.

A problem of using real time however, is you dont want to wait literally a whole year or more just to build a terminal building/ as part of construction projects! It is a very tricky subject. Think the devs have done great at striking a good balance at this stage, but you are right with regards to bigger airports causing big unavoidable delays later on, especially if you have to deboard/ board hundreds of pax per aircraft…
Exiting times ahead! :smiley:

3 Likes

Time is a constant problem in this game, as you all know by now… :stuck_out_tongue: … and I agree that we need to balance the time a turnaround takes. Since release we’ve slowed down time by ten percent and I’d be more inclined to speed up the time turnaround services takes to complete instead for the sake of progressions, so I’ll make sure to increase the “chunk size” of the vehicle’s process when interacting with the stand.

We’re back from Gamescom now and will deploy an update later today. For Wednesday and Thursday we have two full days of planning planned (lol) as to outline Alpha 33, 34 and the versions after that and we’ll let you in on everything by this Monday’s dev blog (i.e. in a week)! :slight_smile:

Edit: Pushing the deployment to tomorrow, got some fun new stuff coming up!

6 Likes

I’ve got a lot of game suggestions to make (yes, again) and I have some idea about game time, I might write that in a week or so (I’ve got a loooooot of things to do).
Though this time I’ll make multiple small post rather than a huge one. :rofl:

In regards to time we need to ask is this a simulation that is supposed to be 100% realistic, is it a simulation of systems but doe snot need to be realistic as per time passing, or is it a tyoon business simulation game.

I think for the game the turnaround time is not so important as the features of the turnaround. So in this sim, if we get three medium flights in daylight hours, and two heavy flights, that is good from a simulation point of view. Going to far towards realism with time will simply slow the game down until it becomes boring and unplayable. It’s a balance and I think the developers have done a good job balancing. I do think some turn around could be sped up but otherwise it pretty close to what I tihnk it needs to be for playability.

Well, keeping the game time as it is it will inflict heavy delays because vehicles being able to go 80mph still cannot reach a stand 500m away in one hour causing havoc on schedule, jobfinding and whatnot. The turnaround services are important, but if this is connected to a flight plan which is connected to a clock we REALLY must look into it. Tycoon or simulation game.

2 Likes

I agree with @DocDesastro, it is a matter of covering distances that won’t cause delays. Soon we will have bigger planes, so we will start building bigger airports and everyone and everything (planes, vehicles and pax) will have more ground to cover.

Delays should be caused by players errors or bad airport management not by the game itself.

2 Likes