Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

Alpha 31.6-0 was just now hotfixed for the broken buttons issue! No new version though, weā€™ll keep the -0 for this one.

1 Like

I understand correctly, that now Havanna and Fly Penguin want small stands as well operating them with the new Beechcraft 1900D? So we got 2 new contracts from the beginning? Great! JUst wanted this kind of diversity in the airlines! :slight_smile:
Good job, devs! :clap:

There are a couple more airline contracts with the 1900d too.

Thereā€™s a lot I like about your concourse design. Parking lots in basement, flow segregation, efficient road system. Very nice. Will certainly use some of the ideas here.

In the other hand, it reminds me of something that bothers me on runway configuration in the game as it stands.

Runways need mandatory separation. Thereā€™s no single airport in the world with two runways placed adjacent like that, and 3ā€¦! Another unrealistic configuration Iā€™ve seen in other posts is runways facing different directions with overlapping approach paths.

A rule of thumb is that closer parallel runways cannot do simultaneous operations. Depending on ATC and takeoff paths, one may allow landing only operations, while the other handles only take-off. Simultaneous landing really requires a very large spacing (usually runways separated by the whole terminal building in the middle.

This is one system Iā€™d like to see upgraded in-game. Add simultaneous operations restrictions based on rubnway distance and approach paths, ATC level, ILS/IFR categories, etc. Also change of runway direction based on wind.

2 Likes

The Beechcraft 1900D looks very nice. Unfortunately, it does not activate extra lights when entering RWY at night like all others do. Bug report ACEO 14410 sent. Or does it have no extra lights?!

1 Like

Just like to say great job to you two, Iā€™m so happy to finally be able to have this update, canā€™t wait for large aircraft

1 Like

The ā€œextra lightsā€ would be the landing lights which are switched on for takeoff. The 1900D is equipped with those lights.

A new version for Alpha 31 is out!

Steam message here: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO Alpha 31.6-2 Released

Patch notes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 31.6-2

Improvement

• [ACEO-14465] - Decreased stairs length
  • [ACEO-14561] - Additional logging added to deal with ACEO-10338
  • [ACEO-14566] - Lacking requirements dialog panel now reveals what requirements missing when attempting to purchase a product

Bug

• [ACEO-13398] - Queue overlay doesn't show on upper floors
  • [ACEO-14445] - Persons using urinal can't properly relief themselves
  • [ACEO-14461] - Airport lights toggling always delayed
  • [ACEO-14478] - Uncaught NullReferenceException in passenger behavior validation method can cause all passengers to stall
  • [ACEO-14491] - Investigation UI for person's failed path not visible through various floor configurations
  • [ACEO-14493] - Security staff in certain cases instantly teleport to transit structure when entering security check-point area due to wall built on checkpoint edge
  • [ACEO-14497] - In-world notification icon too small
  • [ACEO-14501] - Incompatible alpha setting for shader can cause tools to render transparent background on some GPUs
  • [ACEO-14506] - Uncaught deserialization exception on employee resumes can case loading of game to break
  • [ACEO-14563] - Object selection overlay doesn't show on upper floors
  • [ACEO-14565] - Procurement container requirements text clips text
1 Like

Thanks.
I wish I could play as fast as you guys develop and
I wish you could apply [ACEO-14445] on myself too.

3 Likes

I think it should eb pointed out, with improvement ACEO-14465, that foundation tiles are not visible where the stairs used to be occupying while it was bigger. As this is a bug from a transition this should be handled by the players and not the devs. Simply select a floor design you want, and place it on the invisible foundation.

1 Like

Thanks for this big and great update!

But Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s no possibility to build entrance and exit to the jetways in separate floors. I know that from a lot of airports. If not, so thereā€™s directly an constructional separation between arriving and departuring PAX.
An easy way to do that could be an outside staircase like in DĆ¼sseldorf/Germany:

(right hand of the jetway, on left is the entrance/exit to bus stands going out to remote stands)

2 Likes

Someone has probably already mentioned this but what could be nice is the ability to zone an ā€œarrivalā€ area so that arriving passengers have to go there. Like we can zone a security area.

1 Like

Here Different passenger zones are some more thoughts on this

3 Likes

I think the design of the escalators of the conveyor belts could be much better. Itā€™s not recognizable if it goes up or down.
And: if itā€™s wrong, the floating arrows shouldnā€™t be green.

One is wrong, one is right, the only way to recognize it is watching the baggage if it runs or not:

@Manni, I disagree. It is very easy to see which is the correct direction The ā€œflatā€ side of the baggage escalator ALWAYS faces towards the baggage. So, it is clear the top image left escalator was built incorrectly.

Left is wrong rightside is right

To be honest, I canā€™t see that too once theyā€™re built. I can only determine that by switching to another level and see if they are visible there or not.

I agree with that, it would be better visible

This is not true, as @Dallas and @dewitjur, the experienced conveyor belt observers, already proved.

1 Like

@dallas: perhaps my optical skills are not very good, but I canā€™t see any ā€œflat sideā€. I see a grew square and floating green arrows. In other parts of a belt they donā€™t float further if thereā€™s a wrong piece of belt.

Also I think, the game has to block building an upgoing belt escalator on floor 0 if I donā€™t have builded a floor 1.

In this image, my green arrow points to the flat side. The red arrow points to the curved side, where you can see a shadow.

Image1

1 Like