Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

To be honest, I can’t see that too once they’re built. I can only determine that by switching to another level and see if they are visible there or not.

I agree with that, it would be better visible

This is not true, as @Dallas and @dewitjur, the experienced conveyor belt observers, already proved.

1 Like

@dallas: perhaps my optical skills are not very good, but I can’t see any “flat side”. I see a grew square and floating green arrows. In other parts of a belt they don’t float further if there’s a wrong piece of belt.

Also I think, the game has to block building an upgoing belt escalator on floor 0 if I don’t have builded a floor 1.

In this image, my green arrow points to the flat side. The red arrow points to the curved side, where you can see a shadow.

Image1

1 Like

It took me a long time to figure this out though.

1 Like

I hope if I builded my second or third airport I know that, too. :wink:

11 posts were split to a new topic: Alpha 31 - delays

I this case I currently only have my guts to help me find a lead. This was a DHC6. Usually this thing brought 8-12 PAX to my airport on the old settings and tries with 50% PPF ratio and now around 20 PAX at 100% so there is at least an indication for what I told here. You are right, this needs more research, but I think at least it is a lead to the problem - or simply the same problem for another user.

I found out about that feature rather late. I always played with 50% settings just because I did not knew it could be adjusted. In my last 2 airport designs, however, I switched to 100% and that was, when this odd behavior turned out.

P.S.: I was unable to check in my flight monitor as the plane was rolling out already - it vanished. Strangely, the flight next to it had normal behavior. I guess it will take more observations there. Or my case was random, although it happened in 2 different saves.

I can definitely understand that it can be a bit confusing at first. I have been trying to find of a intuitive way to illustrate direction but it is also challenging due to the direction of the belt. For example it is quite explanatory in the first image with escalators going down but when you look at them from a floor below it gets a bit confusing. These escalators are not really going up as the arrow indicates but rather coming down from above. Of course if you look at the green arrows it might make sense but it doesn’t feel that intuitive.

If you guys have any suggestions to show directions, I’m all ears. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Diagonal Up/Down for elevation changes. 45 and 135 degrees.

2 Likes

How about adding a barline to the arrows representing the floor you see?

Going up from the floor
:arrow_up:
:heavy_minus_sign:

Going down from the floor
:arrow_down:

Arriving from above
:arrow_down:

Arriving from below
:arrow_up:

I know these emojies arent beautiful just representing where to put the barline i would keep the yellow stylefor the arrows.

3 Likes

This answer is most intuitive. I would prefer this.

3 Likes

I don’t see how you’d point out the belt direction as well with those diagonals. With only 2 types of arrow you’re only showing where the connected belt is without the belt direction. This leaves possible misconnection too hard to see when looking for a flaw.

Wouldn’t it be better if players could assign a maximum occupancy for each staff room? That way, staff can equally use all staff rooms in a terminal, rather than flocking to one single staff room.

Just an idea :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

It is finally back to normal temperatures and now my brain works better again. :wink:

I think there is a logical mistake.
Please, see posting 356: The right elevator is correct. He goes from floor 0 to floor -1. You can see him in these two floors. The left one is wrong. That is, either it goes from floor -1 down to floor -2 or from floor 0 up to floor +1. But also this elevator can be seen on floor 0 and floor -1 and the green arrows point from left to right, just like the elevator on the right.
This is a construction that couldn’t be possible in real.

I hope I’m not embarrassing myself with my logic …:relaxed:

A+++++++++

3 Likes

Can someone tell me how long it takes for an update to be available for download on Steam?

Can someone tell me how long it takes for an update to be available for download on Steam?

Uhh… Multifloor update is already on Steam default branch.

Yes. I know. I’m on 31.6-2. I was asking about Alpha 32.6-5.

Alpha 32.6-5 is on experimental branch and you can switch to experimental by changing your beta settings on Steam. You can find more information on forum.

When developers fix bugs and think that 32.x.x is ready for public, they will release it.