Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

A new version for Alpha 31 is out!

Steam message here: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO Alpha 31.6-2 Released

Patch notes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 31.6-2

Improvement

• [ACEO-14465] - Decreased stairs length
  • [ACEO-14561] - Additional logging added to deal with ACEO-10338
  • [ACEO-14566] - Lacking requirements dialog panel now reveals what requirements missing when attempting to purchase a product

Bug

• [ACEO-13398] - Queue overlay doesn't show on upper floors
  • [ACEO-14445] - Persons using urinal can't properly relief themselves
  • [ACEO-14461] - Airport lights toggling always delayed
  • [ACEO-14478] - Uncaught NullReferenceException in passenger behavior validation method can cause all passengers to stall
  • [ACEO-14491] - Investigation UI for person's failed path not visible through various floor configurations
  • [ACEO-14493] - Security staff in certain cases instantly teleport to transit structure when entering security check-point area due to wall built on checkpoint edge
  • [ACEO-14497] - In-world notification icon too small
  • [ACEO-14501] - Incompatible alpha setting for shader can cause tools to render transparent background on some GPUs
  • [ACEO-14506] - Uncaught deserialization exception on employee resumes can case loading of game to break
  • [ACEO-14563] - Object selection overlay doesn't show on upper floors
  • [ACEO-14565] - Procurement container requirements text clips text
1 Like

Thanks.
I wish I could play as fast as you guys develop and
I wish you could apply [ACEO-14445] on myself too.

3 Likes

I think it should eb pointed out, with improvement ACEO-14465, that foundation tiles are not visible where the stairs used to be occupying while it was bigger. As this is a bug from a transition this should be handled by the players and not the devs. Simply select a floor design you want, and place it on the invisible foundation.

1 Like

Thanks for this big and great update!

But I’m wondering if there’s no possibility to build entrance and exit to the jetways in separate floors. I know that from a lot of airports. If not, so there’s directly an constructional separation between arriving and departuring PAX.
An easy way to do that could be an outside staircase like in Düsseldorf/Germany:

(right hand of the jetway, on left is the entrance/exit to bus stands going out to remote stands)

2 Likes

Someone has probably already mentioned this but what could be nice is the ability to zone an “arrival” area so that arriving passengers have to go there. Like we can zone a security area.

1 Like

Here Different passenger zones are some more thoughts on this

3 Likes

I think the design of the escalators of the conveyor belts could be much better. It’s not recognizable if it goes up or down.
And: if it’s wrong, the floating arrows shouldn’t be green.

One is wrong, one is right, the only way to recognize it is watching the baggage if it runs or not:

@Manni, I disagree. It is very easy to see which is the correct direction The “flat” side of the baggage escalator ALWAYS faces towards the baggage. So, it is clear the top image left escalator was built incorrectly.

Left is wrong rightside is right

To be honest, I can’t see that too once they’re built. I can only determine that by switching to another level and see if they are visible there or not.

I agree with that, it would be better visible

This is not true, as @Dallas and @dewitjur, the experienced conveyor belt observers, already proved.

1 Like

@dallas: perhaps my optical skills are not very good, but I can’t see any “flat side”. I see a grew square and floating green arrows. In other parts of a belt they don’t float further if there’s a wrong piece of belt.

Also I think, the game has to block building an upgoing belt escalator on floor 0 if I don’t have builded a floor 1.

In this image, my green arrow points to the flat side. The red arrow points to the curved side, where you can see a shadow.

Image1

1 Like

It took me a long time to figure this out though.

1 Like

I hope if I builded my second or third airport I know that, too. :wink:

11 posts were split to a new topic: Alpha 31 - delays

I this case I currently only have my guts to help me find a lead. This was a DHC6. Usually this thing brought 8-12 PAX to my airport on the old settings and tries with 50% PPF ratio and now around 20 PAX at 100% so there is at least an indication for what I told here. You are right, this needs more research, but I think at least it is a lead to the problem - or simply the same problem for another user.

I found out about that feature rather late. I always played with 50% settings just because I did not knew it could be adjusted. In my last 2 airport designs, however, I switched to 100% and that was, when this odd behavior turned out.

P.S.: I was unable to check in my flight monitor as the plane was rolling out already - it vanished. Strangely, the flight next to it had normal behavior. I guess it will take more observations there. Or my case was random, although it happened in 2 different saves.

I can definitely understand that it can be a bit confusing at first. I have been trying to find of a intuitive way to illustrate direction but it is also challenging due to the direction of the belt. For example it is quite explanatory in the first image with escalators going down but when you look at them from a floor below it gets a bit confusing. These escalators are not really going up as the arrow indicates but rather coming down from above. Of course if you look at the green arrows it might make sense but it doesn’t feel that intuitive.

If you guys have any suggestions to show directions, I’m all ears. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Diagonal Up/Down for elevation changes. 45 and 135 degrees.

2 Likes

How about adding a barline to the arrows representing the floor you see?

Going up from the floor
:arrow_up:
:heavy_minus_sign:

Going down from the floor
:arrow_down:

Arriving from above
:arrow_down:

Arriving from below
:arrow_up:

I know these emojies arent beautiful just representing where to put the barline i would keep the yellow stylefor the arrows.

3 Likes

This answer is most intuitive. I would prefer this.