Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

Got it.

• click the claim area connect symbol
  • press PgUp/PgDown until your on the level of the baggage bay
  • click on the baggage bay
    There should be a more intuitive way…
1 Like

First two pics : I cannot delet boarding desk at ground floor after i’ve upgraded the stand with jetway, built 1st floor with another boarding desk so pax check-in at the ground floor desk and then they go to 1st floor to board the plane.

Third pic : pax just waiting outside for the check-in desk instead of going inside and take a seat

Fourth pic : pushback trucks go all the way down just to make a u turn and go back to the stand instead of just turning in front of the depot.

This has been a problem for a couple years. Devs keep promising to fix it Soon™.

4 Likes

Hope that “Soon” is soon :joy:

With some exceptions (going to the nearest restroom), the majority follows the corridor and do not walk through the Departures Hall (lvl 1). Down to Baggage Claim (lvl 0) and then to buses/subway (lvl -1). Now, if I had one-way doors (to place on lvl1) or if the jetways also connected to the ground floor (from where arriving passengers would disembark), separation would become a reality.

1 Like

Good evening, we’re back with a first-of-the week update for a few critical issues we’ve spotted reported widely across the board, the changes for Alpha 31.4-2 are as follows:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 31.4-2

Bug

• [ACEO-14132] - Ensure that second floor terminal foundation has been built befor allowing jetway construction to avoid security checkpoint connection confusion
  • [ACEO-14262] - Ramp agents cannot access service car stops placed on other floors than ground floor
  • [ACEO-14294] - Job task transfer location for remote stand service rounds incorrectly overwritten
  • [ACEO-14295] - Zone areas existance checking does not always reutrn correct value

Notice: Regarding the remote ramp agent bugs mentioned above, 14262 and 14294, we will not issue a debug feature to get those flight back into working order (since we’re on experimental). To solve this issue, simply dismiss aircraft on remote stands who’ve not received service and the next ones coming in will work fine.

The default push has been postponed a little since we want to have these fixes soaking for awhile, and another full day look at bugs reported over the weekend tomorrow! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok we’re getting close to another super big update! :grinning:

2 Likes

Multi-floor to default (non-experimental) branch. Cleaning, Catering, and De-Icing(?) to experimental.

I hope the transition to the latter one will be quick. Having more floors makes existing things a bit more complicated and might bust our saves. I would like to see more services rather soon than later. (impatient me!)

Good evening! Today’s update is here, Alpha 31.5-0 and we have a whole bunch of fixes in place for you.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 31.5-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-14322] - Fixed flood lights added to fuel depot structures
  • [ACEO-14324] - Fixed light levels when showing underground floors

Bug

• [ACEO-13870] - Incorrect conveyor belt connection sprite can occur when demolishing high speed belts
  • [ACEO-14016] - Fuel truck operating cost incorrect in economy overview
  • [ACEO-14133] - Stair truck misalignment for aircraft type E190
  • [ACEO-14182] - Jetway cost is being charged even if upgrade fails
  • [ACEO-14215] - Baggage bay staffing count does not reflect input value do to "minus one" count issue
  • [ACEO-14249] - Aircraft stand light poles visible through terminal
  • [ACEO-14252] - Passengers only use one desk out of several available when interacting with cafes and shops
  • [ACEO-14278] - Rare exception in floor instantiation process can break deserialization process
  • [ACEO-14288] - Persons do not attempt to leave through all viable secure zone exits before throwing path finding error notifications
  • [ACEO-14290] - One way taxiway layering issue in regards to taxiway signs
  • [ACEO-14293] - Teleported serialized ramp agents cannot move about the terminal
  • [ACEO-14296] - Terminals with multiple floors and constructed jetways but with no escalators present invoke strange security-to-stand-transition-node behavior
  • [ACEO-14301] - Employee tools sometimes visible through floor
  • [ACEO-14302] - Bags can get left behind if a passenger gets teleported due to multiple failed path attempts
  • [ACEO-14304] - "More check-in desks required" notification text not informative enough
  • [ACEO-14306] - Cannot connect baggage bay across multiple floors
  • [ACEO-14307] - Aircraft visible through terminal overpass roof
  • [ACEO-14314] - Uncaught NullReferenceException in parking space validation check can cause vehicles to stall

Just to be clear, Alpha 31 will go live on the default branch tomorrow (late afternoon, central European time) and at the same time Alpha 32 will go live on the experimental branch. Both branches will be maintained with bug fixes throughout the week!

18 Likes

nice so i hope there more muit story features at later date cause i would love one way doors and features to keep flows but well done :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for all the work devs! The game development is an endless joy! :partying_face:

1 Like

can’t wait :heart_eyes:
I already love update 31, i’m even more excited for the next update ! you guys are definitely not help with my master studies.

1 Like

Hi, i noticed that some planes are not alligned on the stand as we can see in the picture above. I already read it somewhere but I do not know if that’s what it’s meant to be ? I´ve never seen it IRL. Any suggestions on this issue ?

Looks like Alpha 32 leaked onto the experimental branch over the night already… no harm done but rolling it back now to keep confusion away, will take it back once again this afternoon! :wink:

Edit: Will also remove any discussion or questions about Alpha 32 features as this is the Alpha 31 thread, and Alpha 32 features are to be discussed in the upcoming thread, posted this afternoon! :wink:

6 Likes

Heh, nothing like a small taste of things to come haha.

1 Like

This floor update is definitely helping to build better and bigger airport with the given space. here a little screenshot of my airport with half of the stands (42 out of 84 in total) working (too lazy to finish the rest, we really need a copy paste tool to repeat some parts of the airport)

5 Likes

This afternoon?! :heart_eyes: You mean all turnaround services?

1 Like

Swllonia, that is a BEAST!!! I can imagine the traffic jams for both aircraft, servicing vehicles, and fuel trucks. I’m saving that image for future reference.
Please show screenshot of your underground and other levels. Maybe, even share your savegame.

Sidebar: a copy-paste function is planned.

Yup! :slight_smile:

:canned_food: :shallow_pan_of_food: + :wastebasket: + :ice_cube::shower:

5 Likes