Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

I’ve seen this too, i think it has something to do with how many people are through eiother checkin or security.

In the flight planner there is an option to set ‘always send away‘ but that seems to be broken for a long time now. But if you have that option checked and planes are not automatically being dismissed, please file that as a bug report.

The edges on the models also look kind of fuzzy, I’m on 1920 x 1080 resolution and fantastic graphics.

I have seen a performance improvement with this update, it previously ran smoothly for me but now skip time also feels nice and smooth from my fairly busy airport. Before I used to have some frame rate drops here.

1 Like

Question, does anyone notice a framerate improvement with the new passenger rendering/pathfinding? I remember a DevLog about the “new” renderings and how it “immensely” improved framerates for tens of thousands of passengers at a time, but I am just not seeing it. I actually feel like framerates are slightly worse with the passengers setting on 100%. I like to think I have a decent-to-good graphics setup; so that was a tiny let down for me.

There has been a significant improvement in rendering/pathfinding calculations. Your FPS drop might be unrelated to these.
Bear in mind that the game currently does not use as much GPU as is does CPU - it actually devours CPU resources.

Having said that I was able to completely break down path finding system with 5k+ janitor jobs. The game goes haywire upon loading a saved game and cached ratio spikes to 100% - all employee jobs freeze and the game runs at 3 FPS.

Btw, how is it that PAX suddenly has started shitting all over everywhere now? I had 20 janitors and 0 jobs for them and now with a week of playtime I have managed to amass 5k+ without increasing PAX numbers.

edit: CLEAN ALL FLOORS command did clean all the floors, but it did not release the path finding information - janitors still have 5k+ jobs to do

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification @Silvokial. I know I have a good CPU for this; so I guess my questions still stands. @Olof & @Fredrik, it is better to just start with a new airport?

also have this

I’m quoting myself for that one, and as previously was said:

Please send us the save via the in-game bug reporting tool! :slight_smile: You can also launch a new world, open the debug panel (F10) and then use the “span 10K test passengers” button and see what sort of FPS you’re getting. Would be interesting to hear, just as a reference to our machines and other’s.

Maybe. Still, as we’ve said equally 18794 times, it’s a very big change that needs to be tested completely separate from these large changes we’re doing now (this because if something bugs out we need to be able to verify that it works as intended on the “original” time speed).

We’re looking into it! Can’t guarantee that it’ll be fixed with the next update but it’s on my prio list for tomorrow.

There’s currently only a “generic person” model in place, this will be changed as we verify these initial testing results and lock down the model design once and for all.

I will deploy a new update soon and include the change log, patching will continue tomorrow. Got a lot of great bugs and it’s very easy to see patterns once we get these kinds of flows. Keep it coming!

2 Likes

Dont you get alerts on such stands?

1 Like

New version is up! Here’s the change log for Alpha 29.3-1:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.3-1

Improvement

• [ACEO-8230] - Updated service truck dummy driver sprite

Bug

• [ACEO-8195] - All persons can at random instances freeze due to uncaught null reference exception
  • [ACEO-8202] - Passengers get stuck when attempting to complete shopping behavior
  • [ACEO-8215] - Passengers can get randomly stuck when interacting with a seat in a resting activity
  • [ACEO-8221] - Lower security checkpoint passenger search time to accommodate increased processing time due to functioning static queuing
  • [ACEO-8226] - In-game price tags freeze on screen during cost animation
  • [ACEO-8228] - Incorrect access node generation for certain items can cause passengers to walk through walls
9 Likes

I’m having passengers randomly be at the bottom left corner of the map, Bug - ACEO-8265

Slow down game time!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately we just witnessed the 18795th time and I will be making the 18796th time, slowing down time would make the game a lot more comfortable, realistic and nicer to play.

The problem here is that ACEO tries to actually simulate a reality and unlike for example The Sims, where showering takes 1,5 hours, time is more critical here as within the game, a player would like to service multiple aircrafts per day in a realistic manner. On larger airports, I’m having Pax in the terminal at all times, even with nightflights enabled.

2 Likes
  • Hey , why when i click on some workers , they have the same card than my CEO with the same Faces and Age ? …

• I see something of weird , when i reboot my saves , i’ve two CEO with different Age but the same profil …

As I said earlier, we are looking into time adjustments, but it’s dependent on the fact that this current large update is functioning equal to, or better, than the current default version! :slight_smile: We’ll revisit time adjustments when it’s been thoroughly tested.

A new update will be deployed soon.

3 Likes

Aaaand it’s out! We’re taking a break for the weekend now but will be back on latest Monday with more updates.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.3-2

Bug

• [ACEO-8190] - Shift + Q/ E will no longer rotate in smaller increments, replaced by Shift+O/P
  • [ACEO-8195] - All persons can at random instances freeze due to uncaught null reference exception when incorrectly returning a person to the agent pool
  • [ACEO-8259] - Contractor badge is not displaying correct information
  • [ACEO-8269] - Persons leaving through a secure zone exit can revert directly back to secure zone
  • [ACEO-8274] - Construction material textures missing
  • [ACEO-8277] - Missing exception handling on multiple highlighter for aircraft can throw an obscene number of exceptions
  • [ACEO-8278] - Missing exception handling on world notification for placed objects can throw an obscene number of exceptions
  • [ACEO-8285] - Connectivity test from check in to baggage bay does not work

New Feature

• [ACEO-8231] - Added tunnel sprite for world entry and exit road
6 Likes

I never knew shit + Q/E was a thing :exploding_head:

4 Likes

This, so much.

Is there a reset key for the rotation?