Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

Really unplayable with the freezing, micro lag and constant 100% CPU useage. Sorry guys but will not be playing again until it’s sorted. Everything worked fine until recent updates, shame, awesome game if not for these problems

2 Likes

In a game that is currently in an alpha, this is normal. Sometimes the gameplay is better and sometimes worse. Many people always think that the game gets better from patch to patch, but that only applies to the features. We should be glad that the developers in the current state already fix bugs / optimize the game and do not just wait until the end.

2 Likes

I am having problem playing this game after 3 months with the new updates. Mouse freezes and slow moving, is there way to check if there is a bug?

Sorry i know this is not a technical support but wondering if this update has cause this problem.

Thanks

There are some deeper issues that are being investigated which seems to be causing a lot of these slowdowns. Fixing these are a priority.

Love this game, haven’t had change to play with all new updates

1 Like

Hey all!

We’re back from the weekend with an immediate and absolute fix to the CPU load issue. We’ve sorted the problem and believe that it is the cause of the micro lags. A new update will be out soon.

Edit: Again I should say believe as nothing is never absolute… :stuck_out_tongue: - but we’re getting good results. Also soon™ so I’ll write here as per usual once we’ve deployed it. Running more tests now! :slight_smile:

Second edit: We’re getting some great results from this fix, will spend the rest of the afternoon polishing some stuff and then do a proper release within a few hours or so.

13 Likes

I’ve always just blamed my crap pc for the lags :joy:

3 Likes

looking back at my i3 Laptop
Yeah…

Also soon™

:rofl:

4 Likes

Hi, Is it possible in the default branch to have two boarding desks per gate running smoothly ?

I can’t see why that wouldn’t work?

Update drops later this evening! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the time that it is evening at your country?

I usually end up doing 2 AM deployments lol… but it depends (it’s 23:18 right now). The CPU issue is fixed and we’re currently working on other surrounding minor optimizations.

Edit: For anyone still up I’m running some final tests now, will be out within the hour! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

OK… I am one hour after 00:18…

1 Like

Finally, Alpha 29.9-0 featuring the CPU utilization fix is on its way out. There will be additional micro optimizations with a re-implemented pooling system in the next update to get rid of some AddComponent related spikes but this update should really relieve your CPU once and for all.

The Dev Blog will drop soon™.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.9-0

Bug

• [ACEO-9582] - Passengers can on rare occasions get stuck when leaving a resting item for boarding
  • [ACEO-9662] - Missing dismissal call for aviation trucks when failing to deliver can cause them to get stuck in a roaming loop
  • [ACEO-9754] - Exception thrown when having too many un-built structures with text on
  • [ACEO-9755] - Aircraft still can get scheduled on wrong stand size
  • [ACEO-9761] - Memory leak in thread causing high CPU usage
  • [ACEO-9885] - Z-fighting during seasons transition
  • [ACEO-9920] - Wrong material on E190 stabilizer
  • [ACEO-9933] - Dash Q400 props doesn't always spin
8 Likes

Its working again for me now. No lag. Thanks Olof

2 Likes

Much much better! :smiley:

29.9;

Double flights

Can we get a notification when a Loan is finished?

Parking lots are disappearing and appearing in the vehicles list.
Also, assigned lots are changing themselves in the vehicle cards.

Why is this requirement in the Tutorial for International Airport

Now and then Baggage Unloading stalls.

A baggage bay can be opened while there are no Check-In desks attached.

It looks nice though :smiley:

2 Likes

I found that the unloading stalls when the parking of a vehicle is somehow wrong;

Maybe the wrong vehicle is called from a parking lot for the job at hand?

Bug report stopped. Construction is stalled.

Also I just saw passengers get into a plane, paying for it, but then it the most left bottom corner (0.0).

Refueling is having problems to fill depots, I have no idea how to pinpoint it.

9943 - I got all kind of people “stuck” on my airport. After a S/L lots of them started moving out.