Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

Hire a COO and structures should automatically repair themselves.

1 Like

It’s simply how it was implemented, if there’s enough community demand we can make it buildable inside too.

4 Likes

This game badly needs a planning tool.

2 Likes

well - builable subway stairs/escalator/elevator down - they will be simllar to subway station outdoor one - i will put idea on it

3 Likes

Is anyone else having an issue where passengers wait idle in the non-secure areas after check-in and once boarding begins, they attempt to go thru security, only to delay and/or miss the flight altogether?

At first, I thought maybe I didn’t have enough security check points, but with 16 medium-sized check points, I then started to observe that it was moreso passenger behavior.

I’m currently working on a bug that causes manned security check-points not to be available (when you press it it says that its not operated in an orange message bar) - is this what’s happening to you?

Yes, unfortunately. Then, the queue is emptied until the jobs are reassigned.

1 Like

Good. It will be fixed in tonight’s update.

Any idea on when that CPU update will move to the default branch?

As soon as possible, most likely with the next experimental release, we have a few minor but important fixes we want to get in in relation to a pax pool Reset() call that isn’t working.

2 Likes

Pax just wait outside the terminal until the check-in desks open instead of sitting and wait inside and for some flights ( usually remote stands ) there is nobody checking-in

1 Like

Please add the “Dismiss aircraft” button to FPM. When testing airports, it is often necessary to send many delayed flights at the same time and it is very inconvenient to search for each stand separately and manually send aircrafts. FPM is a useful thing, this button is very necessary. Added this to Ideas too.

1 Like

We have some limitations in place regarding how far distance they are allowed to search for a seat due to performance (the further they are allowed, the large lists they will have to sort through) which is why they are stuck there. Same goes for terminal foundations, if those would be closer they’d walk in. But I agree, it’s not optimal. Can you send me the save at support [ a t ] airportceo [ d o t ] com? I’d like to run a few behavioral tests, see if I can tweak it a little bit.

2 Likes

Another day another update… we’re agile!

Some critical fixes is in this one for sure, and hopefully the last as we will try to get in a default transition tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.9-2

Improvement

• [ACEO-9986] - Changed name of "light pole" to "street light"

New Feature

• [ACEO-9995] - Added REIL-lighting at end of runways

Bug

• [ACEO-8741] - Total employees counter does not update in dashboard panel
  • [ACEO-9625] - Interaction point occupation verification method incorrectly clears due to using wrong positioning comparison
  • [ACEO-9973] - Bulldozer tool can in rare instances get stuck
  • [ACEO-9985] - Employee panel filter tick does not update when switching between applicants and staff
  • [ACEO-9988] - Rare issue with overlay getting stuck on screen when building rooms
  • [ACEO-9992] - Walls built across a secure zone dividing it does not updates its internal secure area number causing path-finding issues
  • [ACEO-10000] - Exception thrown when disabling passengers causing a noticeable drop in FPS
  • [ACEO-10001] - Q400 props spawn as turned off
  • [ACEO-10002] - Z-fighting between trees when placed close to each other
  • [ACEO-10010] - Persons queueing in static queue cut in line when loading
7 Likes

Thank you for update.

Can I put you on the spot Olof?

I’d rather have something useful, like a ‘planning tool’, than ‘lighting at end of runways’ :wink:

Seriously.

…or, at the very least, recoup what we build in error?

Like, shift-building something?

Thanks for the update guys!

@scaramonga
I’d rather have something useful, like a ‘planning tool’, than ‘lighting at end of runways’ :wink:

Nobody will be against a nice new feature like a planning tool, but is a pretty big feature that takes time and effort to think true, develop and implement, hence we have the feature voting. I assume these small ‘features’ like the REIL lights (and the new flood lights) are very nice ‘small features’ for Alexander to pick up and start learning the ACEO code. That brings him up to speed faster and we can benefit from that because he can start helping to add the bigger features sooner :wink:

6 Likes

This sums it up very well. A planning tool is several weeks worth of development (to get it to a default stable state), the REIL-lighting is about five to ten minutes of development as the texture asset was sitting in our backlog. As correctly identified by Puma, this is Alexander’s work which is a perfect entry assignment in line with all the other new minor asset he’s implementing. He gets to practically learn the basic parts of the code (which are necessary to understand the building system in general) while adding both value to the players by implementing new stuff to play with but also to us as a development team by reducing the backlog overhead.

In the meantime, in excess of working on bugs, me and Fredrik is working on the next big features which include multi-floor and the remaining catering services. A planning tool is perhaps something I’d prioritize over those two because I agree with you, we really need it (I spent a good two hours building an pretty big airport yesterday and was very annoyed by that fact) but with the community driving the big feature implementations the planning tool was not selected for this round. :slight_smile:

6 Likes