Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Negative, this happened after the update. I’ve previously had much larger airports with very little lag.

It’s a pre-update save though.

I’ll give the zone overlay thing a try, thanks, however I’ve only one security zone at present.

EDIT, just tries turning off the zone overlay, no effect. I.E. when deleting a wall from a new section of terminal it can take 1-3 seconds after clicking to perform the action.

Whatever I try - clicking, dragging, left or right button - the slider doesn’t do what I want it to…

I did not get this before the update, now I do occasionally…

To get the fuel truck to (re-)fill the depot, I have to request an additional delivery.

Something for @Alexander to take a look at when he has time, it is very likely that there will be some hiccups with the 2020 upgrade. We will likely not transition this update to the default branch any time “soon” as we definitely need that soak time! :slight_smile:

Can you switch back to the default branch and see if there is a significant difference?

1 Like

Switched back to the default branch, there was a pretty big difference.

@Olof
What are the minumum specs for Mac users?
There is a topic here where the game wants a newer Mac version since the newest patch but the user can’t see an update. I have no clue about Mac, may you or someone else has an idea:

1 Like

(Experimental) I think I’ve found a fix for the sliders and it will be patched with the next update. Until then, I found that on Windows at least, if you let go of the slider anywhere outside the actual slider handle the position will be correct when released.

2 Likes

Am looking into it right now, seems to be a specific issue with some Macs yeah…

However, we do not support El Capitan, ACEO requires at least Mojave to run.

2 Likes

Rolling out 1.0-29 now, unfortunately 2020 proved to unstable so we’ve rolled back to 2019. However all of the previous fixes, including the slider fix, are part of this release. We’ll have to abstain a bit from that 2020 move, if ever, as long as 2019 LTS works fine.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-29

Bug

MERCURY-44874 Some sliders can snap back to initial value when released

2 Likes

Went back onto Experimental and all sliders work normally now. Thanks…

1 Like

Now im intrigued but cant guess why?

The next game is a ‘Space Station Creator’ - code named ‘Gemini’ after the second American Space Programme… /s

1 Like

Where did you get that info?

He didn’t, if you check the Release Notes for 1.0-28 Olof said this:

He’s responding to that, just not making it very clear. Also note the “/s” at the end? Explicitly indicates sarcasm.

I suck at online communication… I didn’t know about the /s thing. Sorry!

The change to Mercury is because ACEO was the first project. Their second project has the codename Venus (the 2nd planet in the solar system). Olof spoiled it a Discord a few weeks ago.

What exactly it will be is still unknown. No guarantee that it has something to do with space, it could also be a kitten simulator.

3 Likes

My daughter gives her official seal of approval for a kitten simulator! :laughing:

6 Likes

As will mine…

2 Likes

In my role as CEO, I have been walking round the terminal observing the behaviour of the PAX as they move through. I have noticed that there is a perpetual scrum round the auto-check-in desks when several flights are checking in at similar times.

On one occasion, there were three flights, totalling 204 PAX, where only 6 PAX used the manned check-in desks - I’m sure human nature (and techno-phobia) would dictate that a far greater proportion of people would use the manned desks than currently do in the game.

For one flight shortly after this, none out of the 127 PAX went anywhere near the manned desks - I’m not paying for PSAs to sit there twiddling their thumbs at check-in time…

Perhaps a little look at the mechanics here would be useful - I can drop a Bug report if necessary…

1 Like

I have a question for you. When observing the pax at the self check-in? Did you ever come across that one passenger got stuck and hold up the hole cue? I’ve had this problem before. But i’m gonna try again and see if I it happens.