Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Well, they said they are working on the next game now

They did post that they were working on some new content and they would do a dev blog when it was closer to being complete. But to be honest it is at 1.0 state so wouldn’t expect much more than the odd bug fix

Building (extreme) airport today :smiley: , long time ago.

• The direct signing of contracts of nice.
  • Why is the “normal time” flag/setting for incidents not connected to the game file, it seems to be a global option?
  • Just reported a toilet bug; when having a cleaning job, before hiring cleaners and then hire them, the task is not assigned. Lost the code.

ABC option on stand; 43724

• Operations report does not report if the tower is at capacity.
  • Why does a zoomed in staff file, not give the training option?

That total seems wrong.

• Why can you invent the Belt loader, before you invent Baggage Handling?
  • Unity crash, report send.

I’m not sure, if I understand you right.Could it be, that you are searching for the flags playerDifficultySetting (values 0 to 3) and sandboxSettings|emergenciesDisabled (Bool)? These are in the GameData.json

It was not about the difficulty flags, its about the automatic slowdown timer that is global.

@jasperwillem: ok, I understand it now. I’ve never heard of it :wink:

I have found another unlogical thing. Is it a bug? A feature? I don’t know.

As you can see, the airline’s service requests are highlighted. In this case inspection, fuel service and baggage service. I don’t remember how it was in the beginning, but since I offer fuel service (in this moment I had paid attention to it for the first time), this and baggage service are highlighted, nothng else.
I’ve already hired the first ramp agents for the baggage service that I’m currently building. But all of a sudden they run to the stands and do the inspection of the aircraft. And since then this icon has also been highlighted.
Why only if I can offer that? Right now I am in the research stage “Baggage security 3”, offer no baggage service on airport (is still deactivated), but his icon is highlighted.
The problem that arises for me is that I don’t know whether the airline wants catering, cleaning, de-icing, etc. Am I building a de-icing system or catering depot for a lot of money and then nobody uses it?

Why aren’t the airline wishes part of the contract textes (must-have and wish-to-have)? And what is the logic behind the highlighting of the icons, if it’s not a bug?

1 Like

Medium always use catering and cleaning. Once the pull into the stand differ pe the icons will highlight showing what they will get

Ok, but who can I see that in the game? From where couldd I get these informations? The highlighted icons works unlogic, in the contracts, where would be the best place, can you see nothing.

No. From this point only the services, that they will get are highlighted. In my case, the baggage icon is highlighted during landing and taxiing to the stand and gets grey, if it rolls on the stand

Sorry for spamming, but I’ve got the next feature/bug/unlogic issue:

I build a conveyer belt to the baggage claim. I have 1 baggage bay and want to build 2 baggage claims. So I want to build a switch like you see in the screenshot. The baggage come from the left and should split to left and right (top and bottom in the picture)

But when I build the switch (english name is tilt tray, I think), this happens:

The direction turns 180 ° and now leads back. I’ve used right mouse button to choose the option “Left and right”, but nothing changed.

Edit: if I build the belts further to top and bottom, the directions getting completely crazy:

The part to the top is ok now, the part to the bottom has now all directions…

[see Bug-Report 43739]

I guess I stand corrected…

It’ll drop once we get closer to a release date of some additional content.

Well, we worked very hard with the game for about four years during its early access period, taking it to a 1.0 state and then launching the full version. It’s sitting comfortably at a 90% recent Steam rating and although we still get a few bug reports they are almost always related to specific device crashes or users not fully understanding how to interact with some systems, which is more so related to the quirkiness of the game rather than explicit bugs (although they of course still occur as well, mostly fringe cases). We are working on new content and occasional bug fixes, another update will come today for example, but it’s not prioritized but instead more of a back-burner development process.

In short, it doesn’t make sense to “work hard” on a game that has been released as we now need to invest time and effort into the next project of this studio. ACEO is currently doing fine but it’s not something that we’ll be able to scale the studio’s future on.

8 Likes

Yesterday I finished the game and loaded it again some minutes ago. Now all directions are correct. So it seems to be the bug is only the visual effect right after I built it.

And there are still some announced planes missing. :point_up:

2 Likes

It seems “Loan costs” are added to Construction costs somehow?

Ignore my parking bug just reported; forgot a crossway.

I met a bug with the following content. There is no screenshot, but the bottom line is that when, after passing the security checkpoint, a passenger gets on the Walkalator, next to the exit from which the security exit is located, the passenger exits through it. ))
Now “Belanger” is an additional, balanced means of earning, and does not kill the gameplay.

Here’s another funny screenshot.

Seems when you remove parking structure, PAX wills till walk the area that was parking before; 43745

Rolling out another stabilization update on the experimental branch, 1.0-20 with the following fixes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-20

Bug

ACEO-43740 Road checkpoint can in rare instances incorrectly state not being connected to a world entrance tunnel

ACEO-43739 Conveyor belts can in certain instances change direction when connecting to a tilt tray

ACEO-43738 Vehicles parked beneath upper terminal foundation can for some items cause rendering issues

ACEO-43735 Long term parking starting fee not balanced

ACEO-43710 Upgrading a single stand will not invoke any cost

ACEO-43506 Tress planted through copy paste do not always update season coloring

ACEO-43476 Vehicles can in rare instances become visible on underground floors

ACEO-43474 Vehicles can in rare instances not turn on to stand immediately when approaching it

7 Likes

I have to correct you on that. In my opinion it makes a lot of sense to work hard on a game that needs work because it is not finished, simple as that. And I’m not talking about content, I’m talking about bugs, that one obviously has to report several times before you notice them and with more than 1300h playing this game I am quite confident, that the bugs that I’m reporting are actual bugs. So please tell me what I have to do in order for you to finally notice my bug reports.

I am not Olof, but the best thing to do is to say the bug report and write the number here
At least as far as I know… :slight_smile:

Work smart, not hard.

1. Security zones bug out in major way when you do big changes. For example build a new terminal and demolish 95% of the old one, hook them together and you see that zones don’t get connected, especially not between several floors connected with elevators only, sometimes even escalators don’t help. You need to restart the game and with luck they become one zone they are supposed to be.

2. If you keep everything as one zone, departing and arrival sides, arriving people try to access departing side. Separate them into 2 zones and you get different problems.

3. Path analysis tool just confirms what you already know, someone can’t access some area but there is no explanation why, on same security or non secure zone. No visible reason, still can’t find their way

4. Assigned vehicles get pushed away from their assigned parking lots by unassigned vehicles. We still can’t define on the parking lot detail, which vehicles are allowed to each parking lot. Rather, we need to define each vehicle and that isn’t held up by the vehicles, but is allowed to reset by other vehicles taking their dedicated spots.

5. Assigning road restrictions for short section, for example in front of a parking lot, of the main road, causes vehicles still trying to access areas behind that because that area isn’t limited. Just access to it is.

6. Aircrafts still reserve far too long sections of taxiway causing unnecessary delays, pile ups of planes etc.

7. After those security zone issues mentioned at 1st point, game often gets a serious stutter and lags a second every 2-3 seconds. Non fixable by player, even if the zones are correct and nobody complains about their access to any item.

8. After building several staff rooms, staff like security guards usually ignore the closest room and go to more distant rooms making them late for shift change at the security checks. Yes, could limit the access for them, but then the guys working at baggage check tier 3 would have the same issue. If only there was a way to says this is your work zone, and that room is for people working in this zone.

And so forth. I appreciate you need to move forwards and start a new project and I also appreciate that this was your first project. You’ve also admitted in the past that you learned a lot along the way and you wouldn’t do things like you did if you’d be starting now. This probably caused your code to be a bit of a messy one which is hard to fix, understandable, but it’s not our fault as end users that your game still has several bugs and quality issues, especially with AI related stuff.

As a customer, based on my current experience, I’m reluctant to give your studio any more money at this time. I’m always happy to adjust that position based on the response and actions taken, but you do need to remember where the money comes from. And more importantly, where the repeated money comes from. Happy, satisfied customers.

Also, I see you keep making a reference how players don’t understand some mechanics and thus cause issues on their game play. Hardly their fault when the game doesn’t help one bit to clearly understand the mechanics and devs never wrote a manual or a FAQ of any kind where one would find clear and detailed explanations on why something what should work doesn’t, and why somethings need to be done differently than in real life.

4 Likes

Don´t agree at all. Thats the beauty of management games. You have to find ways to make your airport funktion in that given “game universe”. Perfect example for point 8 is that: yes its annoying when staffs are late because they chose the “wrong” staffroom. What you will have to figure out is how can you build or reconfigure your airport to prevent this from happening. I agree that a lot of things could have been different. But every management game on the market has this balance between reallife and a fictional universe. For me at least, half the fun is to figure out for my self how this works and how to build an effective system given this rules…

5 Likes