2 further questions: closed terminal / staff skills

Hi!

Sorry, I got some questions more.

1. Is there a way to prevent that all passengers arriving at the bus or car stop don’t go inside terminal until 2 hours before take-off? I want them shopping or drinking in the shops/bars, but they would rather standing in rain and snow at the bus stop… :wink:

2. this question is a little bit philosphic :smiley:
    The skill bars in green are easy: the longer a bar, the better the skill. But how is it meant with yellow and red bars?
    2.1 who is better in technical skills, Robert or Lucy?
    ACEO01

2.2 who is better in technical skills (or: who is less worse), Constanza oder Fernanda?
ACEO02

Thank you in advance!
Manni

Build some chairs, behind the doors, as seen from the busstop, build shopspace between the door and the chairs, force the PAX over it :wink:

Robert and Fernanda are better skilled; the bar is like a 1 to 10 scale, with 10 being Super, 1 being, Horrible at a skill.

Robert I would hire, the rest I would reject. Fernanda would be a nice Ramp Agent though.

1 Like

Ah, I see, I’m prisoner of my own worse logic :woozy_face:

@jasperwillem: I don’t realise, that an orange bar is always longer than a red bar and a green bar than an orange. Ok, thank you!
Your advice to my first question I will try out, thank you too!

1 Like

Robert I would hire, the rest I would reject. Fernanda would be a nice Ramp Agent though.

This is a bit unrelated, but do the skill bars actually affect work performance? I thought that feature is going to be added in the future, but isn’t here yet. What tasks are affected by the skills?

Olof did post about that long time ago;

1 Like

This is also in limited testing right now with security agents. There skills do affect the rating of the station. If you click on it, you’ll see it’s current rating with 2.00 being the best I’d suggest.

2 Likes

If we talk about staff… :wink:
Why do 7 small stands need 8 ramp agents?

If it would be because a worse skil level in total of all employed ramp agents, I would understand it, but if it isn’t implemented… :wink:

Stands have a ramp agent set numbers. A small is two ramp agents, medium if four, large, ask Fredrik :rofl:

1 Like

For your 7 small stands you need 14 Ramp Agents. On your screenshot you have 15 Ramp Egent Jobs, of wich 8 claimed by the agents you have, and 7 unclaimed due to lack of ramp agents.

1 Like

2 ramp agents for a Cessna with 2 incoming and 2 outgoing PAX is a joke, isn’t it? :grinning:
But I think you are right if I watch the graphic over some hours.

And aparently you need 2 RAs per small stand + 1 in general. 15 in the screenshot above (2 x 7 + 1). In the night (without nightflights) you still need 1.

Olof did post about that long time ago

That post says that “although we do simulate skills and fatigue right now it currently has no impact on their work”, though.

This is also in limited testing right now with security agents. There skills do affect the rating of the station. If you click on it, you’ll see it’s current rating with 2.00 being the best I’d suggest.

Ah, I didn’t realize this was a thing! Thanks

Don’t shoot me if there’s a better topic to use but there are so much topics about staff…

I’m still not 100% sure my staff logic is correct…
Do I need double airport staff due to shift system. At maximum I have 34 check in desks, so 34 AS needed + 17 boarding desks so 34 AS needed. Which make 68, plus 3 info desks so 74 AS in total.
Do I need to double due to shifts ?
Another question, do I need to calculate AS for the vehicles or not ?

Have you made all your checkin desks staffed by one person only? As for info desks, i count in 4 staff’s per desk as you need to have someone reserve in staff room for the shift change. For boarding desks and checkin desks i only hire 2 per desk as those desks are operated by job creation.
So for you calculation i would have:
34 X [checkin] + 17 X [boarding] + 3 X [info] =
34 X 2 + 17 X 2 + 3 X 4 =
68 + 34 + 12 = 114

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.