Will this work?

Perhaps I’ve missed something, but how can I influence my tier I / tier II scanning performance/liability? They are not operated by staff, but I only get 93% rating on them…

I do not like they baggage destroying in general and the way it is integrated in rating system.

IRL baggage wouldn’t be destroyed, unless it’s very likely a bomb inside. Anything else suspicious at the latest would be opened and checked manually. No false positive posiible. So “tier 4” should be manual checking (time consuming and 2 or 3 staff needed), and without any false positives after that comes the destroyer.

As long as it was just “eyecandy” it was fine for me, but now this rating/handling affects my rating and by that it affects my complete airport.

And, btw, IRL any security critical aspects IRL are not relying on ONE employee’s quality, as there would be a second set of eyes…

1 Like

No, but it’s a delimitation we’ve made since this game ultimately is a tycoon game and not a simulator. Dangerous baggage gets destroyed and you are rewarded for correctly destroyed baggage and punished for incorrectly destroyed baggage.

Yes, that image is incorrect and will be fixed in the next update.

I need to go over the bug reports from the weekend before I can say for sure, please not that the rating system is just like everything else in Alpha 34 very experimental and prone bo both extensive bug fixing and balancing.

You’re only as strong as your weakest link… :wink:

1 Like

There my be more than one baggage bay and only one security island.

On #1, why should the security rating drop? What is the rationale behind this? From my perspective, the T3 scanner that’s manned with a high skilled operator acts as a “QA” for the machine scanner. If T1 scanners are always correct in identifying suspicious baggages, then that T3 scanner should only flag luggages less than 5% of the time. IMHO, it is better to change the metric of T3 rating from “Baggage correctly scanned by T3 scanners” to “Dangerous baggage allowed by T3”.

On #2, in a progressive scanners (T1->T2->T3), is it intentional that the readout accuracy decreases in a T2 scanner? I noticed several luggage which has been identified as “Snuff” or “Spirit” in the first 3 T2 scanner, before passing a 4th T2 scanner where it’s suddenly becomes “Snuff(?)” or “Spirit(?)”?

I also think too much scanning shouldn’t negatively affect the rating, in the end it’s not less safe.
It should only be a matter of time (tier II scanners slowing down the bags a bit, tier III keeping them for a short time) so if you scan everything in tier III you just won’t get all baggage to the flights on time.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.