Why do passengers pick these queues?

Why do a lot of passenger pick the security checkpoint with the longest queue? Wouldn’t it make more sense to go to the ones which are barely empty? I’m talking about the line of people, not the length of the queue path.

queue

I have seen this also. It would be nice to have pathing get close to the queues and then do a final assessment on which queue to get into. Nothing like having a quarter of your queues being mostly empty. I’m sure this will be addressed. If/when passenger comfort is implemented, having to wait in long queues is going to make people upset.

With this being an Alpha release, I’m still impressed by most of their pathing.

the devs are looking it to this

3 Likes

Just remembered your question, lol :smiley:

2 Likes

Damn!

Upgraded version; running out of terminal room.

Your baggage area is huge

With 25 commercial stands (for now), its needed.

How about this case :joy:

Airport CEO_2017-11-23_10-18-11

6 Likes

That’s insane. This should really be adressed

1 Like

Slightly off topic but I was noticing the same thing about the bus queues. I can have 90-100 people at one bus stop, but only 20-30 people at the next one over.

3 Likes

That’s due to where they are heading to. Different busses go to different places. That’s why some busses stop at the same stop as they got the same place to go to. Well that’s what I think anyway.

Why? Plenty of people really are that stupid (and then some) in real life. I think it’s a perfectly accurate simulation of herd mentality.

1 Like

It would be good if we could have common queues. At most airports I’ve been to there is a single queue for security and common check-in desks.

For example, the airline may have 10 check in desks open, with a single queue. The person at the head of the queue would simply go to the next available counter. This is the same with security.

Understandably this only works for single airlines with the check in desks, but can’t see why it couldn’t be implemented with security.

That would indeed be great, it’s a mix of this (from @ceoandy) and this (from @4B54) feature request.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.