Who put SkyFly Airlines in the game?

Hey everybody!

I made a forum account specifically to ask this question. I dont know if I should put this in the questions category or if here is fine as it is more of a personal little thing for me than anything really important for everyone else.

A few years ago I used to be a very active member in the virtual airline SkyFly Airlines and it was such a nice surprise to see it in the game! I just wanted to know who had the idea and why did you guys choose to do it? :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyways, it would be awesome to know who it was to see if I can recognize you from the time I flew for SkyFly.

Kind regards,
Hugo Weichert
ex-SFA112

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums and yes it’s a very nice livery as well. FYI not me. Have pinged them though for you.

3 Likes

Hi Hugo! Nice to meet you this way again. It was me who put SkyFly Airlines into the game. I was also a member of SkyFly (my callsign was SFA222). I was not an extremely active member, although I still clearly remember you.

During an airline design contest, the idea of implementing SkyFly into this game came up in me. I decided to contact Quinten (for all the others, Quinten was the founder of the virtual airline) and ask for his permission. He was happy to have the airline in the game and voila, the rest is history!

You can see the official contest submission topic here:

And the voting topic here:

Thanks for creating an account and posting this message, which really made my day! I hope you enjoy the game and have a lot of nice flights from SkyFly Airlines! :smile:

4 Likes

This seems interesting… @JeremyK can you please tell me more about this? :thinking:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a virtual airline?

Oh wow this is really cool! Thanks for sharing the little back story!

2 Likes

As the name says it is an airline that only exists in the virtual world (i.e. internet). People go there to operate flights in their home flight simulator (e.g. X-plan or MS Flight Simulator). Normally a virtual airline has its own website, a virtual but realistic schedule and custom-designed aircrafts that can be downloaded and incorporated into above mentioned flight simulators.

Very good virtual airlines also try to copy real-life airline operations as much as possible, so you have career paths for pilots, a pay system, a crew rostering system, flight planning options, etc.

Hope that answers your question

4 Likes

SkyFly is one of my favorites :wink:

3 Likes

@JWKIII already explained a lot! Anything else you would like to know? :smile:

1 Like

Yes he did! And I read some more after a brief search online. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.