What is the weather station for?

Does the weather station have an use as of now? Or is it just purely cosmetic? And if that’s the case, will it be functional in the future?

You need it for being able to check the values in the weather panel! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I must admit I still dont see what use it has?!

Well, as I said, if you don’t have a weather system you can’t see what weather it is. The weather system is fully fleshed out and simulated but badly optimized right now. When we’re done with all bugs we’re gonna start playing around with it and it will have a significant impact on your airport’s operations.

3 Likes

Interesting. But as of now, the weather has no effect other than sound and animation, right?

Yes. But we put a lot of time and effort into it, it’s not some basic “if two hours have passed, activate random weather effect” but real numbers and real processes that determine the next weather by taking the current into account. It also adapts after time, so it’s getting colder during the evening and warmer during the day. Moving ahead, since it’s so fleshed out, we will quite easily be able to hook in other factors such as location and season, direction of sun and so forth.

Edit: Scratch that, season is of course already implemented. But everything is quite badly balanced, especially over time, which is why the numbers can go to the extreme sometimes.

For those who are wondering, we are actually currently simulating the correct shadow rotation (i.e. simulating the suns position) based on where you place your airport and the time of day… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Can we then expect runway landing direction to be affected by winds as well as being recommanded to position runway at different angles to deal with weather and such? Might be complicated mechanics tho

This is already implemented! Planes will land in different directions according to the wind

1 Like

Now a day’s a weather station plays a very important role for predicting the weather and forecasting the weather. It is a device that collects data related to the weather. A sensor, which is a heart of every weather station device consists a thermometer to take temperature readings, a barometer to measure the pressure in the atmosphere. I have a weather station like this . I have been using this device for 2 years. Still, it works perfectly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.