Very slow boarding

Can you drop that save to the workshop? I like to check if it’s hardware related.
On jetway stands I’ve noted that too may due to the short distance between desk and jetway, but never on other types or when the paths were longer.

I am having similar issues. I’ve made several airports in the past but I’ve noticed the significantly slower boarding process in the current version of the game. My passengers will stand on top of each other at the desk and then take a long time going through them (no matter the type of gate or how many I have).

The funny thing is, if I build a new boarding desk, it will be about 4-5 times faster at processing people than the desks that already exist. After a while, or perhaps after I’ve exited the game and come back in later, the desks will become much slower.

I also had the power surge event recently. After the technicians went through and fixed all the desks, they became super fast once again (like when they were first built).

3 Likes

Welcome

very interesting point.
Can you manually request maintenance for a gate desk? Maybe by right click on it?

If it’s possible to increase the boarding speed by requesting maintenance, then there is a bug in the automated maintenance. @Olof

It looks like boarding desks have a condition which goes down.
I do have now one repaired desk and one which handled about 8 flights.

Repair goes manually:

The condition lowers very slow, so at the moment I don’t know if there will be an auto repair.
Fact is, the self boarding desks don’t offer a right click menu and can’t be repaired manually.
And it looks like the speed is getting slower after a while.

1 Like

Is this why all my flight suddenly are like 1h+ late? :open_mouth: I have noticed boarding taking waaay longer now days. I sent a bug report on it haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have also made a video yesterday about my test.
Left boarding desk: Repaired | Right boarding desk: already used several times

Do you think the speed is different?

Interesting is, at second 30 of the video, some passengers claim about pathfinding problems. The game is absolutely running smoth.

1 Like

Yeah about the pathfinding problem this is something i’ve seen a long time now. I think I did made one or two posts about it. But it’s nice someone else is seeing it also hehe.

Found my post about it.

I do get it often on complex routes or when boarding starts before the arrival time. But in the example above non of this was given. It’s a simple regular on time boarding on a smoth lag free airport.

1 Like

Thank you! Thats the problem i am talking about.

I think it is a lot more visible on a stand without bridge.

Do we have info if the devs are gonna do some tweaking to the boarding desks?
Either include them in the auto maintenance or take a away the decay and need for repairs.

Another question is, how staff skills are related to the boarding speed.

1 Like

We’re looking into this, it’s taking a bit slow (no pun intended) because of other workload but there’s indeed something that seems to not be correct setup here.

2 Likes

But yeah I do need that bug report, maybe you can drop one from your save which you showed in the video there @andyc? This behavior is not present in our testing airports so would be a lot easier to check it out as its reproduced by you.

1 Like

I testet this by only using highly skilled staff. didnt solve the problem.

We’ve made an adjustment to the condition factor for -35 being deployed soon, would be interesting to see if that alleviates things.

Any more updates since they made the change? I still feel like it’s “slow”
Will see if I get a lot of late flights.

I feel like the large security gate needs tweaking to allow more passengers through. Seems like you need 4 or more large security gates for each large stand.

If someone is still experiencing “slow boarding” as described in this topic we’d love a report from -36 and have another look!

1 Like

Will send :slight_smile: And post the number here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.