Very Laggy!

Sent in a report on ACEO-40115! I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi, try to add an SSD to your PC and install your game at the SSD. That’s work for me :smile:

1 Like

so i suppose there is no solution to this…?

The big challenge right now with optimizing is that there is no single easy fix. All systems in Airport CEO are fairly optimized given the way they were designed. Some systems have already been optimized into a sort of “dead end” meaning we are left with the choice of either leave it as it is or completely redesign it. Unfortunately, the latter takes a lot of time and is often not even feasible (due to the difficulty) at this beta stage. This is of course not to say that we do not care about performance, we will continue improve it where we can and hopefully make your save run better in a few updates.

In the meantime you can do the following:

• Reduce passenger ratio as was suggested before (will only affect new flights so you need to wait or cancel all flights)
  • Set flight intervall in autoplanner to max 120 min to reduce the amount of flights you handle at the same time.
  • Overall reduce the passenger count so make sure they can leave fast and efficient via for example subway. You don’t want arrivals hanging around for unnecessary long.

Basically the passengers processing takes up a lot of CPU which is why reducing it will have the greatest impact on your FPS. Not to forget that 11k passengers means approximately another 15k bags to process, in total over 25 000 agents to process. It is a bit stretched, given the current state of the game. Hopefully with these actions and some optimization within the next update your save should see a better FPS in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

3 Likes

Understand… this is a great game, just that the limitations does not allow player to expand the airport and handle more planes, else it will lag terribly.
Hope future upgrades will tackle this issue to make it a great game, and make our money’s worth.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.