Underground Fuel Lines

Underground Fuel Service

Description:

It’s not unheard of for airports to no longer need fuel trucks as fuel can be put in pipes under the ground… Creates long term goals, wouldn’t be cheap, nor should it be. Honestly, to me it seems like it ought to be for higher end and much larger airports. How does a fuel truck even pull up to an A380 or a 747 with a big enough tank… that has to be pumped from underneath.

Why it should be implemented:

Because it creates a long term goal for ongoing improvement of the airport. It shouldn’t be cheap, but it would definitely be worth it to eliminate the use of fuel trucks

Images, references or additional content:

10 Likes

True, you should still need some kind of truck though (to deliver the required hoses, cocks and other fittings for fuel transfer)

2 Likes

+1 to all of the above

Yes, it should be expensive (as it probably is IRL), requiring specialized storage and “pump” vehicles, all at a premium as well.

1 Like

When the next round of feature voting comes around. Suggest it for implementation, the next one will be after multi floor terminals and de icing and catering ect

Maybe it could be a requirement for the large stands when they are realesed. Since the planes are so large even the big fuel truck could not provide enough fuel.

Maybe it could be a requirement for the large stands when they are realesed. Since the planes are so large even the big fuel truck could not provide enough fuel.

IRL large stands (not jumbo stands for A380) can still serve fuel with tankers. The fact is that tanker has to do a couple of rounds :smiley:

1 Like

No, too soon.

Idea: underground fuel pipes that can be run strait to stands. Would have a special truck to pump it with. 2 models of truck: normal truck loading speed and fast speed for big birds.

2 Likes

Let’s vote for this guys!!

Do you actually have to build the fuel lines?

Yes you would need to

1 Like

Understood.

The fact is that money can solve all problems in a game like this… and when I can edit the save game file… underground fuel lines please!

Yes, let’s get this through. I really want this.

Really helpful to get the big birds filled up in time for their departure. And for realism of course. Could be locked as the final R&D for the fuel branch.

Maybe we’ll see this added in A36? Could be a nice proces to ‘host’ some of the new Emergencies…

3 Likes

Revival, though I don’t have high hopes :smile: :frowning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.