Unable to play game due to massive time lagging

Since Sunday morning, I have been unable to play the game with my most up to date airport.

The time lag is absolutely horrendous. For example, when the game says LOADING just at the end of the loading process, it last took about 3 minutes before that disappeared and the airport was presented.

When pressing F or G to get the Flight Planner and Monitors up, that takes about 1 minute of slowly scrolling up the screen before I can even see them.

I can get the game that I saved about 2 weeks ago to load properly and be playable but I don’t want to go back 2 weeks - I want to play the game from where I last left it.

How do I get this resolved? I stopped playing this game back in January 2021 and it was precisely for this reason that I gave up playing. I only started playing again in September and everything works fine until you seem to get an airport of any size …

What are your hardware specs? Also if you could it would be nice with some screens of the airport’s layout, specifically the terminals and how people move about.

OK, so I know nothing about computers but have found the following info which I hope will help.

Processor : Intel (R) Core ™ i5-6400CPU @ 2.70 GHz
Installed RAM : 8.00 GB (7.90 usable)
System Type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I will see what I can do about screenshots in a moment

Thanks! I also need to know the amount of dedicated VRAM of your GPU (graphics card).

I think I have found the right thing and it says

Intel(R) Intel Graphics 530

Approx. Total Memory : 4171 MB
Display Memory (VRAM) : 128 MB
Shared Memory : 4043 MB

Is this what you need?

Unfortunately your device does not meet the minimum required specifications. ACEO requires at least 2 GB of dedicated VRAM in order to function reliably (as outlined in the minimum requirements on Steam) due to the immense number of texture objects the engine needs to draw when pushing really large airports. If you don’t have enough dedicated VRAM it is likely that the application will either crash when running really large airports or grind to a halt. Unfortunately there is no way around this other than running the game on a device that meets the minimum required specifications… :frowning:

Thanks Olof - at least that answers my problem.

Will have to see what I can do about this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.