Traffic Jams Occurring in My Airports Service Roads

Hello,

So I recently started creating my new airport, which for now only has remote stands, but service vehicles will just jam up.

Does someone know any solution for this?

I haven’t really tried the remote stand feature yet, but that most assuredly adds traffic to the roads. Service vehicles the same… perhaps consider locating your vehicle sheds apart so that they’re not competing for the same road to start/stop their task. Also, that road running behind the fuel depots is doing nothing for you except adding time to/distance to the pathing.

I think the dead-end is causing most of your issues, try connecting that to the top road. If you look at the direction they are going, you’ll find most of them are trying to make a U-turn at the dead-end.

1 Like

It seems the yellow blocked bus is stuck.

To ‘un-stuck’ vehicles you could use F10 and then choose ‘unoccupy all road nodes’, could be that you have to press it a couple of times to let all vehicles ‘listen’.

I see that you have 4 bus stops but more than 4 remote stands, potentially that could also cause issues, as the system is not yet intelligent enough to handle that nicely. So that could cause busses to jam.

1 Like

Blockquote To ‘un-stuck’ vehicles you could use F10 and then choose ‘unoccupy all road nodes’, could be that you have to press it a couple of times to let all vehicles ‘listen’.

I had no idea this was a thing.

Blockquote I see that you have 4 bus stops but more than 4 remote stands, potentially that could also cause issues, as the system is not yet intelligent enough to handle that nicely. So that could cause busses to jam.

I tend to agree here. I would not have less stands than busses for anything. I do the same thing with fuel trucks. One stand, one fuel truck, one baggage loader, and 3-4 baggage train trucks. I would also wonder what happens to this work load if the bus cannot hold all the passengers (not sure if this is a current limitation, but I can’t imagine one bus holding 120 passengers for a remote stand 787-800)… Seems like that could take 2-3 back and forths… I guess I’d watch the passenger offloading and see if each bus is filling up the plane or if it pulls away and leaves the plane with passengers still waiting.

I would also wonder what happens to this work load if the bus cannot hold all the passengers (not sure if this is a current limitation, but I can’t imagine one bus holding 120 passengers for a remote stand 787-800)…

At the moment this is not simulated so all PAX fit in one bus for now. It’s on the dev’s list, but will probably be part of the ‘refining process’ (read beta phase).

1 Like

Always file bug report, then use F10 menu.

1 Like