Thru Passengers, Customs and Border, and Lounges (oh my)

Been avidly following ACEO’s development since it was announced. Longtime lurker and first time poster to the forums.

3 Ideas/Suggestions totally open for debate & discussion that I mentioned in the title, and am wondering if it would be feasible to implement.

1. Thru Passengers: Passengers who are making a connection to another flight within your airport. Their bags would have to be transferred from their arriving flight to their connection. They might spend money in shops, use the facilities in the concourses.

2. Customs and Border: Wouldn’t it be great if airports could grow to become international airports over time? They would need tighter security, and even dedicated government employees to check for visas, and enter the country that the airport is located in.

3a. Lounges: Most major airports around the world have “airline lounges” (e.g. the Admiral’s Club for American Airlines) where frequent travelers (and the general public for a fee) can have access to more upscale food & alcohol, seating, business centers, and even showers, away from the general noise and milieu of the airport terminal. These cater primarily to business & first class travelers, and those who have a long layover before their connecting flight.

3b. Passenger Classes: This is a corollary to the topic on lounges, but will their be First Class, Business Class, and Economy Class passengers? Each class requiring different needs from shops, amenities (like the “Admiral’s Club”), and the airlines would have to pay you (the erstwhile CEO) a certain amount of money per passenger/class of passenger to use your airport?

These are just a few things that I think would add a greater amount of realism to the simulation (albeit with added complexity).

Great work Olof and Fredrik :slight_smile: Greatly looking forward to the 3rd video!!

5 Likes

These sound like some really solid ideas! I hope they get implemented!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seconded, awesome ideas. I think lounges have been discussed and i think customs is planned as well. Not sure connecting passangers have been properly addressed yet. I love how you suggest all ideas be implemented though better than anything i have seen yet.

1 Like

these have already been talked about in other topics

Good idea on the connecting passengers especially on the bags transfer. Maybe we can ask the Devs to consider multiple level/layer baggage conveyor belts with colour customization for the player to know where and the what usage the belts are for

I am certain all of these have been discussed at length in different threads around the place and I think the answer to them are:

1. Planned after initial release
  2. Potentially planned after initial release
  3. Planned for initial release

Hey there Catman, Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/airport-lounges/504/6

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/passengers-class/850/3

2 Likes

Wonderful to hear! Thank you all for your responses. My apologies for reposting ideas that have already been suggested.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.