We have this awesome admin who has a list with all idea’s around; lets start a list too with stuff people forget over and over again;
- Check your zoning, if you checked your zoning, check again; under doors, in between halls, places were walls moved / were removed, etc, etc. When done. Check your zoning again.
- Rooms accessible via Secure Zones need to be secure too.
- Dont forget to order Pushback Trucks for your medium stands
- When extending security posts, first hire the personal for the to be security checkpoint(s).*
- Make sure to have dedicated ‘staff only security desks’ when your airport grows to prevent delays.
- Have seating in the check-in hall.
- Have seating in the baggage pick-up room(s)
- Have (enough) toilets in each wing of your airport
- Let your busstops # grow with your airport size
- Limit the amount of stands connected per baggage bay to keep them at peak performance.
- Build a second fuel depot if your first drains between delivery windows
- Try to help the taxi-pathfinder by designing your airport 1 way; land on the west, lift up at the east (I.e.). Then when taxi’ing, the planes coming and leaving wont cross each-other (A lot).
- Name your stands, to see the naming back in the scheduler; this way you can have your far away stands filled first from the runway, just give them a low number.
- Build secure staff rooms, to make walking distances to stands shorter; especially for ramp agents and administration personal.
- Build a staff room near your security checkpoints that is only available for security staff; to keep them at peak efficiency.
- Build a staff room near your baggage bays for ramp agents only, so they have a short walk to the break area.
- Awesome you build this awesome airport!, did you open it in operations panel?
- So, you build medium stands eh? did you upgrade your runway (settings) to accommodate medium planes?
- When an object has no menu items, hover the mouse over the menu of the object and scroll up.
*I like to hire 5 for each medium checkpoint, then you have no delays on breaktime.
You have suggestions for others too?
Maybe a mod can bump me from first post, or hijack it, I dont know; close and copy it; etc. Lets make a longlist for all the new airport CEO’s out there.