The Default Test Airport Design Contest

Can we also edit our board members names in the savefiles/?

1 Like

Sure, as long as they’re suitable names! :wink:

OMG, you know someone is now going to have execs with names of Olof Fredrikson and Fredrik Olafsson

2 Likes

Can our airport’s IATA code be the same as an existing one?

Can our airport’s IATA code be the same as an existing one?

I think IATA code should also be fictional;

Have a suitable and fictional , airport name and CEO name

Yeah, should be fictional as well, but can be allowed if the associated full irport name is very different compared to the original name of the airport with the same IATA code. I.e, Apoapsis International (LAX) would be fine (but perhaps a bit weird), but not Las Anglées (LAX).

2 Likes

I am considering participating in this, but I am not too sure of what kind of design you would like to have. What type of detail do you want or need. What you want the airport to be capable of. An example airport would be very nice. Also, I do use some strange designs in my airports, so I assume I will not use them in this case. Here is an example of my work.

1 Like

This screenshot shows why we need diagonal taxiway pieces :wink:

5 Likes

Oh they are there actually, but they were too short, so I had to extend them somehow :sweat_smile:.

@Matex you probably refer to the runway exits. I actually would like to build diagonal taxiways :wink:

1 Like

I see and I cannot agree more.

It’s nice to be building something to show off with, @Olof, can you fix a certain low priority bug to let us get the beaty of the airport to a new level?
I’m talking about the coloring option not working on floors. It is obviously there, and shows a colored floor in the example screen, but it doesn’t place the floors with the selected color

4 Likes

Well that’s new to me :astonished: I’ve been wanting a Red colour floor for a long time for security stations.

2 Likes

It’s actually not the only thing precolor selection isn’t working, but everything else are objects wich alexander’s painting tool can select.

Am I allowed to use a real city in my airport name?

@Olof is it okay if i extend the world borders, or i must use the default 700 x 700 size?

@Seraphin how did you get the actuall aviobridge/jetway ?

I have tried and failed every time i have tried.

Which one do you mean?

Jetways on the stand itself? It’s a upgrade of the stand. If you click your stand, you’ll see a button with an arrow upwards. There’ll you find upgrades for the object.

Or do you mean my extension of the jetway between stand, bus stops and boarding desks? Thats a simple foundation with walls. You can decorate with windows too.

1 Like

Well, the bug is rather the fact that you can open the coloring panel. Colored floors are not supported at this point because of the merging technique we use to reduce draw calls.

Preferably not… :stuck_out_tongue:

No, it has to be the default size.

@Olof default 700 x 700 size, is that one square?

If so, a medium runway does not fit in such a square.