The Airport Logotype Design Contest

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #2 by TwoCflyer

UPDATE: added white layer below aircraft to make it pop and match the “International” text.
UPDATE: @Alexander would this be disqualified because the IATA letters are “separated”? should I edit/recreate this one?

In the heart of the Southwest, JTX, Joshua Tree International is busy sending passengers to their destinations and bringing them home to the warm days and cool nights. Its the only city around as its surrounded by nothing but sandstone, rocks, and the occasional Joshua Tree and cacti for miles; so they only have one major international airport. I introduce you to their desert themed airport logo:

Southwest Desert

Font: Bebas Neue Bold
Color: White (FFFFF)

Design Inspirations

Squares Idea came from adobe style brick made buildings.

Clipart Used:
desert%20mountain

Colors from:

Option 1:

AirportLogo_SouthwestIATA AirportLogo_SouthwestNOIATA

Option 2:

AirportLogo_Southwest2IATA AirportLogo_Southwest2NOIATA

7 Likes

Hi, I sending the airport logo. I created two and it is up to you that you like.
font: BebasNeue Bold

aceologo aceologoempty aceologoye aceologoyeee

12 Likes

Here is one I have been working on…

Logo1

there are 58 planes in this, and the shape is inspiration from a control tower.

1 Like

ACEO Aiport Logotype Design #1

Inspired by the Airport CEO main menu and the flip departure boards of the olden day

Main Design

Entry%201%20-%20Main%20Design%20256x256

Alternative Design

Entry%201%20-%20Simple%20256x256

Transparent

Entry%201%20-%20Transparent%20256x256

No Text

Main Design

Entry%201%20-%20No%20Text%20256x256

Alternative Design

Entry%201%20-%20Simple%20No%20Text%20256x256

Font: BebasNeue Bold
Font Color: #ffffff

12 Likes

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #3 by TwoCflyer

UPDATE: Fixed IATA letters so they were not separated, adjusted outer framing (wasn’t even on both sides & made corners more rounded) & centered all text.

We move a little further east and into Farmland (FLD), where you find crops as far as the eyes can see. Here you may find all different size airports from, small fields, to midsize airports, all the way to international metropolitans! I introduce to you their home airport logo:

Farmland

Font: OpenSans Ultra-Bold

Font Color:

• HEX #584c33
  • RGB: 88, 76, 51

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from:

Clipart Used (created by me)

Colors from:

Option 1 as FIELD:

Farmland_Field_IATA Farmland_Field_NoIATA

Option 2 as AIRPORT:

Farmland_Airport_IATA Farmland_Airport_NoIATA

Option 3 as INTERNATIONAL:

Farmland_International_IATA Farmland_International_NoIATA

11 Likes

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #4 by TwoCflyer

As we move further northeast, we hit the coastline with massive trees and lighthouses. Local sailors gaze up and watch the aircraft depart from Northern Coast Airport (NCO), as they pass over them, on the way across the pond to Europe. I introduce to you their home airport logo:

Northern Coast

Font Color:

• HEX #719094
  • RGB: 113, 144, 148

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from:
None, just imagined what would be on a north coast, trees, rocky ocean coast, & light house.

Colors from:
I then lowered the entire image exposure when the layers were combined (except the boarder and AIRPORT/IATA Text)

AirportLogo_NorthernCoastIATA AirportLogo_NorthernCoastNoIATA

Okay, I’m gonna take break as I fly across the pond and see what others come up with! Keep em coming CEOs!!!

Where should I land first in Europe? Help me pick a theme (it won’t be a specific place as im keeping these logos I create generic, but help me get inspiration. Feel free to DM me or respond in my ABQ Airport Topic… link below

TwoC’s ABQ Airport Topic LINK

11 Likes

Wow, your deisgn are AWESOME twocflyer, i’m a fan. Are you working in the design industry IRL ?

1 Like

A very minimalist design…

5 Likes

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #5 by TwoCflyer

There is nothing like arriving at Terminal Building International (TBX), airside or landslide, and entering into the beautifully designed piece of art! Walking around the interior and through the skybridge, admiring the architecture and views from the floor to ceiling glass windows, can make you loose track of time. The reflections the glass can take can be are like a movie as life passes by them. I introduce to you the airport logo:

Terminal Building

Font Color (Darker):

• HEX #247696
  • RGB: 36, 118, 150

Font Color (Lighter):

• HEX #b4c8cf
  • RGB: 180, 200, 207

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from:

Colors from:

Just squares and lines, angles and aircraft silhouette outline from picture above.

AirportLogo_TerminalBuildingIATA AirportLogo_TerminalBuildingIATALight AirportLogo_TerminalBuildingNoIATA

12 Likes

WOW! Amazing submissions, all of you! If this keeps up, we definitely gonna have a great competition on our hands :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi!, here I leave some designs.

1. “SUN”
    01%20SUN%20_%20IATA 01%20SUN
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #1a56be
Font Color RGB: 26,86,190

1. “SIGN”
    02%20SIGN%20_%20IATA 02%20SIGN
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #000000
Font Color RGB: 0,0,0

1. “GOLD”
    03%20GOLD%20_%20IATA 03%20GOLD
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #dbd3ab
Font Color RGB: 219,211,171

1. “COLORS”
    04%20COLORS
Summary

Font for IATA
Font: None
Font Color Hex: None
Font Color RGB: None

1. “COLORS 2”
    05%20COLORS%202%20_%20IATA 05%20COLORS%202
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #006cff
Font Color RGB: 0,108,255

1. “TRAP”
    06%20TRAP%20_%20IATA 06%20TRAP
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #ffffff
Font Color RGB: 255,255,255

1. “BICOLOR”
    07%20BICOLOR%20_%20IATA 07%20BICOLOR
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #ffffff
Font Color RGB: 255,255,255

1. “PAPER”
    08%20PAPER%20_%20IATA 08%20PAPER
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #ac3232
Font Color RGB: 172,50,50

15 Likes

wow, totally random and weird. but I just made another one with a paper airplane that someone messaged me and gave me the inspiration to do. I am waiting for them to respond to see how they like it and so I just came here to see if anyone had posted any new ones… and you used a paper plane too @pikaste. I feel totally bad posting this one I just did. Do you mind if I do @pikaste? Its different in concept, basic too. but it does use a paper airplane and I don’t want to step on your design you just posted. The paper airplanes are almost the same looking though. but just different angles and color. On a side note, great logos!!! glad you did a few and that im not the only one doing multiple ones! ill send you a screenshot of it and you let me know if its okay for me to add to the contest.

1 Like

Great work guys!

1 Like

I love number 1 and 3, they are awesome

1 Like

Your design reminds me this pokemon

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #6 by TwoCflyer

A fellow ACEO forum member asked me to create a logo based off their Kochi (also known as Cochin - I thought KOC looked better than COC…lol), India local airport, Cochin International Airport Limited… saying “what captivates me the most of about it is that it’s not a regular fancy logo. It’s minimal. The design is basically a type of origami made from a single leaf of the coconut tree.” I took on the challenge. Its just funny how someone uploaded a paper airplane logo as I was working on mine. I feel they are different enough to upload it. If there is a problem, I will delete it.

Kochi Metropolitan

Font Color:

• HEX #05b5ff
  • RGB: 5, 181, 255

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from:. Origami made me instantly think of a paper airplane for the logo.

Colors from:
Kochi/Cochin City ( Kingdom of Cochin- Historical Royal Family flag colors).

I was having a hard time looking for colors for this logo then I found this flag and fell in love with the BOLD unique colorful combination!

Just triangle for the paper airplane and curved lines for the jet streams

Transparent (preferred), Black & White Backgrounds Options:

Kochi2_IATA_Transparent Kochi2_NoIATA_Transparent
Kochi2_IATA_Black Kochi2_NoIATA_Black
Kochi2_IATA_White Kochi2_NoIATA_White

1 Like

Very nice submissions everyone!! :smiley:

Thanks for the opportunity @Olof @Alexander to let us be creative!

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #6 by TwoCflyer

Update: Spelt International wrong, fixed!

Inspired in combination with the paper airplane and San Diego International Airport Logos, I created Aeroplane International (ARO). I introduce you to their airport logo:

Aeroplane

Font: Cousine Bold Italic

Font Color: Opacity 90% (IATA text goes under logo layer, if possible)

• HEX #94dc08
  • RGB: 148, 220, 8

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from: San Diego International Airport Logo

Colors from:
Random Section from GIMP News3 Color Palette options because I love the blues and greens!!!:

I traced over an airplane picture with different shapes filling them in with different blue and green paint all in different layers. Then I changed all the shape colors to 70% Opacity and the “International” & boarder to 85% and the IATA to 90% opacity. I then merged all the areoplane shape colors together and put the “ARO” IATA under the “International” layer as well as the “International” layer under the Aeroplane layer for the layered effect.

Transparent, Transparent (w/ boarder) & White (w/ boarder) Background Options:

Aeroplane_IATA_Transparent Aeroplane_NoIATA_Transparent

Aeroplane_IATABoarder_Transparent Aeroplane_NOIATABoarder_Transparent

Aeroplane_IATABoarder_White Aeroplane_NoIATABoarder_White

1 Like

Hello my friend, please do not have to feel that your design could not be in this post, I would never think it was a copy of my work. And it is still my design that inspired you (which is not the case) it is completely normal that we use the same elements to make logos of something very specific like an airport.

It would not be the first time that common elements were used to reinvent or change the point of view.
Here I leave some real logos of airports that go around our own ideas.

Summary

ref2

Tremendous work my friend! Thanks or share.

1 Like

thanks so much. love your logos btw. hope you can create some more!

1 Like