Sun movement in ACEO

In an idle few minutes (gotta wait for those Admins to finish ‘Extended Commercial Licence’), something caught my eye regarding the movement of the Sun in ACEO.

Early morning:

Midday:

Evening:

If you look at the shadows of the stop markers and street lighting, and assuming that at midday, the South is to the right of the map, then the Sun is rising in the West, and setting in the East…

Not angling for a major change here, as I’m used to the same in Cities: Skylines, but at least over the two games it’s consistent… :laughing:

Why would you assume this? It is obviously not the case as demonstrated by the sun movement… :smiley:

2 Likes

Is your airport in the Northern or Southern hemisphere?

flat earth yo

3 Likes

And of course square formed in ACEO.

1 Like

Did you see the headline in The Daily CEO this morning??

BREAKING NEWS :mega: :newspaper: :star:

WORLD CONFIRMED AS SQUARE AND FLAT, ACCORDING TO GOD DEVELOPERS! :earth_africa: :no_entry_sign:

9 Likes

EDIT: Does that mean giant cats knock the planes of the end of the world?
EDIT 2: Longer runways please… :wink: There’s plenty of space in there :yum:

4 Likes

Huh, I thought where the road comes from when you open the game is south…

large maps confirmed!

3 Likes

Also shouldn’t the shadows get shorter as time gets closer to midday and then extend again as time gets closer to darkness, and whilst we are on the subject shouldn’t the amount of light change as you pass through the seasons, again dependent on where your airport is located?

Northern hemisphere.

Y’all are taking this far too seriously… :yum:

BREAKING NEWS (about breaking news) :loudspeaker:

New ‘full zoom out’ option upcoming? :thinking: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Forget large maps, 3D game environment is confirmed! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That’s 2.5D at most I’d say! Love the idea of a world overview though

4 Likes

Is that a joke or is this serious?? :thinking:

I understand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.