[Solved] Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6 Render Issue

No people are appearing. My airport has 8,000 people and no one is appearing. Not even the construction workers are appearing I don’t know why but my best guess is because of lag and preventing the game to crash. Someone give me a solution

1. But report it
  2. Provide screenshots to the topic of your airport
  3. Try restarting the game

Are you on a Mac?

yes macbook pro

Are you on the latest OS version?

I’m on version 10.13.6 macbook pro High Sierra

Could you please share more info about your MBPro specs and what resolution you run the game? Did you file a bug report for this, if so could you please share the bug report number so the devs can look into it.

1 Like

Would you be interested in testing something out on the internal branch with your device @csff131? Give me a PM and I’ll give you further instructions if so.

Maybe I’ll just update my resolution.

I’m having the same issue on my iMac

I think I would like to test something on the internal branch, but how do I pm.

When you click on someones avatar you have a ‘message’ option on the right.

We have noticed a bug in the latest Mac OS X version (High Sierra 10.13.6) which cause the rendering of persons in game to fail. Persons are still being simulated in the world but simply not rendered properly. We have done some investigation and found that other games have various graphical issues with this particular version. If you are running a Mac at 10.13.6 and are not affect by this bug, we would very much like to know if you took any steps to get around the issue. From what we know previous Mac OS X versions works fine.

Any other troubleshooting help or tips would be helpful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ok thanks please fix this problem

Do you have the number to Tim Cook? :stuck_out_tongue: No, joke aside we will try to get a Mac with this version to test it asap but we are pretty sure the issue is with Apples new update. Maybe it is graphic card related, are your graphics drivers up to the latest?

We as a general rule do not get much control over graphics card drivers. There are exemptions to that though.

This is not the latest version. I just tested on Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.3 and I have no render issues. I would suggest you to update your Mac to the latest version.

6 Likes

For future reference / inspiration;

https://twitter.com/signalapp/status/1097920269484646401

How Signal tries to contact real people at google.

3 Likes

Any chance that will get fixed? A lot of macs cannot be updated from High Sierra due to system constraints/age of hardware. Thank you!!!

Good point! Mac OS Mojave requires:

MacBook introduced in early 2015 or later
MacBook Air introduced in mid 2012 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2012 or later
Mac mini introduced in late 2012 or later
iMac introduced in late 2012 or later
iMac Pro (all models)
Mac Pro introduced in late 2013, plus mid-2010 or mid-2012 models with a recommended Metal-capable graphics card.

While Mac OS High Sierra still provides support for:

MacBook introduced in late 2009 or later
MacBook Air introduced in late 2010 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later
Mac mini introduced in mid 2010 or later
iMac introduced in late 2009 or later
Mac Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later

Source:
Apple Support Mojave
Apple Support High Sierra

2 Likes