Shop operations: Introduce Passenger wealth and customer behavior

Thinking about what kinds of shops there might be in an airport I came to the following conclusion:
All shops are for different kinds of customers. Some just wanting to dump their excess money into luxory and fashion, some needing stuff they could not get on the flight like medicine or food. Basically spoken, there might be passengers of wealth level $, $$ and $$$ being prone to visit certain stands.
Also, the shops are of different kinds: fashion, perfumes, souvenirs, press articles, food, medicine, liquor, general goods.
If you fill out too many contracts for fashion for instance, all of them would get too few customers as they offer the same goods. Diversification of stores can be a descent airport strategy. Also customer demand for certain services could be taken into account here.

Same would go for food courts coming in different levels and diversified between snacks and full-fledged restaurants. Maybe hashtag them and compare them to see customer impact.

Customers should visit stores in accord to their wealth. Rich people would go th fashion, jewellers, but also news. Poorer people would go for souvenirs, general goods, liqours and so on. If you have budget flights, you would get $ to $$ customers mostly, while luxory-class flights would give more $$$ customers visiting the more expensive stores.

Just an idea to be exploited. Got my idea from rollercoaster tycoon, where every peep had his own preferences regarding attractions (randomized) and money available.

4 Likes

I really like your idea!

I believe it’s an advanced feature in the game! Would be great see it, but I think it’s actually a low priority addition, once there are others issues, in my opinion that need it more urgent attention from developers! Probably in future we could enjoy this great idea (in-deph feature :heart: )

Classes of passengers are already a planned feature including things such as first class lounges etc

We have prepared a lot of these aspects in the code base already. For example each shop has a business class between Cheap and Luxury. Each passenger also holds the same “class” and the plan is to match them so that the wealthy passengers don’t shop at the cheap stores. It is still not 100% implemented as it lacks some functionality but the base is there for us to build upon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.